Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All you party planners! HELP

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
All my kids were born in October! Yikes!

My daughter will be 11 on the 9 th. She wants to have a sleepover. We have a huge tent we are going to put up for her outside. I need a theme and craft ideas.

My son will be 3 on the 16th and my youngest daughter 1 on the 27th. We have decided to have them a party together since family members will not want to come to parties two weekends in a row. Any ideas on a theme?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Why don't you do a color theme? YOu said she likes turqoise and orange? Use those colors, get balloons and streamers and then get nailpolish paint all the girl's nails/toes orange and blue (I guess you would have to ask parents beforehand) get hair dye (temporary) and do that, or face painting with cute things?

A jungle theme for the two youngest? Or animals somehow? or ice cream :) YUM! cupcake theme?

Oneatatimemommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Not a good party planner myself, but wanted to say my DD turns 3 on Oct 16th as well.

MissElissa21
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Your 11yo daughter: 

Do you have a way to have a fire? Like a table or pit or something? I have a smores kit that is made with a sterno can and some random utensils, that would be an option if you could not have a real fire. Some Christmas lights strung through the yard can give them a little more light and you can decorate them.

Pillows and big comforters on the ground in the tent could make it comfy for them to hang out in.

Your los:

Dora and diego! an explorer theme? You can set up a trail. My daughter and her friends love playing Dora and going on an adventure around the house and yard

sew4fun
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Why  not have a "camping" or "outdoors" theme for your oldest. For the little ones Mickey and Minnie,Dora and Diego,Superman and Super girl, Pirates and Princess,Princess and Frog,Hanzel and Grettle,Candy land, Cowgirl and Cowboy,farm animals,jungle animals,Thing one and Thing 2,Rodeo,circus,carnival theme.

sew4fun
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Lets Go Camping Standup

Backyard camping is so much fun, here are a few ideas for hosting a camping party in your backyard! 

• We suggest that you have your camping party start towards the evening.  No need to decorate, really.  Just provide your campers with the right equipment! A tent is essential, and make sure that you have enough tent space for each guest.  Next, provide guests with a "Knap sack" (a bandana tied to a stick), filled with a bag of trail mix
Trail Mix 
Fill a large bowl with raisins, peanuts, m&m's, sunflower seeds, small pretzels, and chocolate chips.  Mix all together and divide into small ziploc bags...

• Hand out....plastic snakes, a harmonica, a compass, and a flashlight. 
  • Activities could include, making shadow creatures with your hands and a flashlight, stargazing, singing around the campfire, singing 'campfire' songs of yesterday, telling ghost stories, roasting marshmallows, plan a treasure hunt that they can use their compass', teach them how to whistle with a blade of grass. 
  • Don't forget to top the evening off with S'Mores!

camping party ideas
Campfire Songs

Looking for some great campfire songs?  Well, here is a great campfire song list that we found online, that includes lyrics for each song.

HERE is original post

sew4fun
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM

HERE is another camping theme

She made these for treats

sew4fun
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:44 AM

HERE is one more camping idea

Martha Stewart has some great ideas HERE she has a bandana themed one that could be cute for the little ones.I like her bouncing theme too

jridgill
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Oh wow! Lots of ideas. THANKS SO MUCH.

MommiE8983
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Love the camp theme!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Oh and tie dying would be a fun project for the older girls and turns into a take home gift....have everyone bring an older white tee shirt if u need to cut costs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)