Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you sell stuff online? Or in Craft shows?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 11 Replies

What do you sell and how do you do?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shell3m
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM

HEY GIRL!!!  Long time no see!!  Good to see ya in here.  ((Hugs))

yes we sell on line and craft shows.  Some days on the craft shows is really good, sometimes we only get booth rent back...lol   :)  I sell my homemade beaded jewelry and hubby sells his collectible toys and comics.  :)

hemimom03
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I've done very well with my friends I've met here on CM. I have a website and a page on FB, which do fine. 

I donate for auctions to help school teams and Cancer functions, but that hasn't really brought any business. I does get my things out there which I do like.

Mostly friends, they're my best buyers. I want to do a Craft fair, but don't feel I have enough stuff to put out and kinda scared to do so. I mostly make custom orders that come from things I have made for my self. It sparks an idea which creates an order. 

I have tried Ebay, Zippet but nothing has sold there. I'm glad to do orders as they come in because I'm a SAHM of 2 teen boys that keep me busy. If sales got out of control I'm not sure I wouldn't be happy to be away from my family to complete the work....does that make sense?

I guess I'm trying to say, I'm happy where I am right now and as the boys get older and out of school I'll go from there.

jenniferlee_12
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Yes I haven't been in here in awhile. My little boy has me hopping! lol I understand not wanting to get too many orders and take away from family time. I haven't really had time to do any crafts in such a long time. I did embroidery an apron for a retirement gag gift for a guy my husband works with.

ZsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Both-but online is just geting started.

Craft shows I did well...$25 for a table and brought in $250-$350 depending on year/season...Not bad for 6 hours work.

Mainly jewelry,but I had other things like Christmas ornaments  too.

eFreak23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I do both.  I make and sell my own cards.  I usually do great, but there are those days......

I leave tomorrow for a 3 day craft show.  Fingers crossed!

My biggest fear is that when I die, my husband will sell all of my scrapbooking stuff...... for what I told him it cost.
Artladydp
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I do both.  I don't do a lot of crafts shows.  If they aren't fun or don't do very well after a couple of tries, I drop them from my list.  I love selling online!!!

NerdyMa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I sell vintage pieces, upcylced crafts, & a few crafting supplies online on Etsy, & I've set up at a few local Farmer's Markets. I've honestly sold more online than at the markets- I guess the local people aren't too keen on my vintage/upcycled stuff! 

jenniferlee_12
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Good luck!

Quoting eFreak23:

I do both.  I make and sell my own cards.  I usually do great, but there are those days......

eFreak23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Thank you!!

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Good luck!

Quoting eFreak23:

My biggest fear is that when I die, my husband will sell all of my scrapbooking stuff...... for what I told him it cost.
Angie211
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I crochet and sell it on Etsy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)