Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda ot...but I am super excited...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM
  • 15 Replies

Saturday is DDs birthday party... We are doing a Mickey Mouse theme...and I have been stressing making her cake. I wanted to make it to match her invite...But I was worried about the black frosting.....well I just made a practice batch of cupcakes and I nailed the frosting. It didnt come out purple or grey like it did last year...this time it actually came out black!!!! I am so excited for her party now!!! (we are leaving for Disney the morning after her party but I will post pictures when we come home...)

I posted pics of her invite before!!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Oops... I was so excited that I hit the button before I was done.. anyways...I was just posting because I dont get to post crafts often but I figured that baking is close and & I feel great because I got the frosting to come out just like I wanted too!!!!

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nebcutie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I have only done one cake with black frosting on it and I will avoid them as much as I can! lol That is great that you got it! Have fun at disney!

JeannieBee
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Yay!!!!

Balancing
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Awh... That is awesome! Have a great party and safe travels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Layla19
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:17 AM

I had to do black frosting.  It took nearly a whole bottle of that gel just to get to charcoal grey.

jmlmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM

CONGRATS!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM

^_^ Awesome! Great job, can't wait to see pictures!

RADmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Layla19:

I had to do black frosting.  It took nearly a whole bottle of that gel just to get to charcoal grey.

Thats what happened last year...We did a robot cake last year that was supposed to be black-ish but it came out more of a purpleish grey....

this year...I started with chocolate frosting. added the Wilton gel color and let it sit for a few before frosting the cake...it came out so black...I am so excited...

I didnt want to have a Mickey Mouse cake that wasnt black...

RADmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Thanks ladies!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)