• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finished Sock Skeleton

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

A little while ago I made a post about a tutorial I saw off Martha Stewart's website for a sock skeleton. Well this is my finished skeleton and I have some tips.

I bought my socks from the dollar tree becuase my husband only had grey tipped socks. Big mistake. The cheap material, although thrifty, is a bad material to try to sew with. It's thin, the colors show through, it stretches unevenly and tears easily.

On the flip side though, I did save money on something I never tried before so who knew how it would turn out.

Also another tip, try and make your limbs as even as possible. Another down side to the cheap material  one of the arm parts needed more stuffing to look full so it ended up bigger.

My kids love this craft. He already got a name, Buttons, and my son chases my daughter with it. Not the best poroject for me ever, I mean I like it but it didn't turn out super good.

Have a spooooktactular time making your own :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

He turned out cute !!!

zboys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM

It's so cute!  I like it.  : )

jridgill
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM
How cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM
YES!!!! Awesome skeleton! I want to make some. I'm thinking about a trip to goodwill and the dollar store here shortly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannieBee
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM

He's cute!

Balancing
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:19 AM
Hehehe.m I think he is very cute... I love love love martha crafts... Actually my friends and I call it Martha's minions crafts... Because no one person can contain that much craftiness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Oops didn't mean to have the m in there... Now it looks like I am snickering at it. I just think he is so darn cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisafamily
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I like him!

Shasta314
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:41 AM

thank you ladies! and it is so true. i love her crafts but she is like the overlord to a castle filled with craft, food, home creators. lol. and joey is her joker. everyone bows to her will and says how high when she says jump. she even has her guests under her finger lol. BUT love her crafts!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Oh wow that is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)