Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Fall Crafts Challenge Day 8: Your Theme Is Fall Harvest

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you been to the farmer's market recently? Depending on where you live, the market might be bursting with fall foods -- from harvest vegetables like squash and turnips to apple pies to pears, carrots, onions, and much more.

Your theme for today, September 30, is: Fall Harvest.

Celebrate the bounty of fall with crafts that display a fall food theme!  

Remember, you don't have to create something entirely new each day -- though of course we'd love to see what you can whip up! You can do any of the following:

• Post a photo of something you've made in the past that fits the theme
  • Post a photo of something you make today based on the theme
  • Post a story about a craft you've made in the past based on the theme
  • Post an idea for a craft project, based on the theme, that you'd like to work on in the future
  • Post a tutorial or instructions for a craft based on the theme

Post any of the above in the replies below!

Remember, today is the last day of the challenge, so be sure to post your crafts in any days that you may have missed!

Have fun!

(Remember, you must participate in every day of the 8-day challenge to be eligible to win the prize! Sign up here if you haven't yet!)

by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
orangeillusion
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

yummy turkey!

orangeillusion
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

orangeillusion
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM

stuffed baked squash! 

522_angel
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Fall food - to me that means bring out the soup, pumpkins, or apples - or all three!
My favorite party drink for fall: 
Hot Caramel Apple Cider
mix /12 gallon apple cider, 1/2c brown sugar, and 1/4c caramel ice cream topping in saucepan over medium heat.  Simmer until hot and well blended, stirring frequently.  Pour into mugs and top with whipped topping.

Eco_Momma
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM

it's not a craft. but we did turn the zuccini into pasta sauce!

MommyRach73
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Utterly deadly southern pecan pie... Deadly because it is close to 600 calories a slice, but soooooo yummy! Search for the recipie @ food.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imgnabamommy
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:37 PM

another one to do with my lil man since he loves dangly things (he calls them "touch its") 

nanbon44
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

From this years harvest.

just some of my canning efforts using fruits and veggies grown in my yard.  Pickles, Salsa, Hot Peppers, and my jams, cherry, blackberry, grape, apricot, peach.... soon the apples will be in and apple butter, apple sauce, apple pies and dumplins will be made... pies and dumplins will head to the freezer along with pumpin pies...

nanbon44
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I gained 5 lbs just looking at this pie, oh I am so drooling all over the keyboard...

Quoting angelbr:

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/pumpkin-cheesecake-pecan-praline-topping-recipe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN