Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Christmas:)

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi,are any of you making homemade Christmas gifts for loved ones this year?

~Tia 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvemboth
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Yup. Homemade rag quilts and homemade candles for the parents & grandparents this yr :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:53 PM
...oh, and possibly pj's for the nephews, but I'm gonna 1st make some for my kids and see how well they turn out (never made em before).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketrider2011
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:59 PM

i am. i am making hot cocoa mix and cookie baskets for extended family. i am also making some blankets for family. 

rocketrider2011
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i am also making a baby gift basket that i will be donating to a baby for christmas. it will contain a brand new container of formula, a homemade blanket, homemade burp cloths, some diapers, wipes etc.

rocketrider2011
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM

how easy is it to make homemade candles? i have always wondered if i should attempt at making them. what type of things do i need to make them?

Quoting luvemboth:

Yup. Homemade rag quilts and homemade candles for the parents & grandparents this yr :)

luvemboth
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM
A lot easier than I was expecting. As far as cost though, I've found you really don't save much vs. just buying candles (if you want them colored and scented). I just youtubed how to make container candles.

You need wax (I use soy), wicks, glass containers (I used old baby food jars at 1st), fragrance, and candle dye. I can go into more detail if you want, but there's a lot of tutorials on YouTube :)

Quoting rocketrider2011:

how easy is it to make homemade candles? i have always wondered if i should attempt at making them. what type of things do i need to make them?

Quoting luvemboth:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I am making jewelry for the girls in my family and duck tape wallets for the guys.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I have a couple posts floating around of some of the completed jewelry. :)

powow65
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM
yep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FAH_Q
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM

yes - jewlery for some family and co workers.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)