Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I went a little nuts at the fabric store

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I had two 50% off one regular priced item, and a 40% off one regular priced item coupons. 

Here's what I got..

1 yard of some really fuzzy squishy fabric (DS loves this particular fabric) I'm making him a blanket with it.

2 yards of suedecloth so I can make DS and his cousin a pair of cowboy chaps

1 yard of comic batman print to go with 1 yard of clear plastic - I'm making a wall hanging thing that has pockets out of the plastic so Logan can put all (hopefully all) his toy cars in, so that he can find them. 

13 yards of Christmas green and red "Bah Humbug" fabric for matching pajamas for dh, ds, and I. 

2 1/2 yards of embroidered linen to make a ring sling for the baby in my belly

overall I ended up spending a bunch, but saved over 60 bucks with all my coupons. 

I'm also waiting on some roving wool to come in the mail for felted soap. And waiting on the cute canning jars I ordered to come in so I can make sugar scrub. Oh, and the rings for the ring sling. 

I love making things for the people I love.. 

What are you going to make for your loved ones? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PeakMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:06 AM
I'm making so much this month! I'm making 6 fleece tie blankets, 9 pairs of PJ's, 6 personalized pillowcases, bath crayons, sugar scrubs and bath salts, and a complete nursery set (crib bumper, crib skirt, window valence, wall hanging, crib sheets ...the works!) My Christmas shopping is done but boy do I have a lot of work to do lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:07 AM
I love the idea of the plastic pockets! That's so smart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I am so busy with orders right now I don't have much time to do recreational sewing. I do hope to make some pajama pants soon for my son for Christmas though!

northernmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM

i'm waiting for a fabric order that is supposed to arrive Monday so i can make a rag quilt for my Dad and Step-Mom with a matching neck pillow for their Christmas present. we are having our Christmas next weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)