Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just joined yesterday

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Someone posted gift ideas for boys and off that link I have found lots of gifts I am making for my children. I am a mother of 5. Jesse 8, Tyler 7, Riley 4, Madison 19 months, Mckenzie 2.5 months. Recently  I was diagnosised with Ankylosing Spondylilis. A genetic disorder. Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease that can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse together. There is no cure for ankylosing spondylitis, but treatments can decrease my pain and lessen my symptoms. Complications I am facing from this are Eye Inflammation (uveitis), which causes rapid-one set eye pain and blurred vison, left untreated I could go blind. Difficult breathing because the Ankylosing spondylitis is affecting my ribs, the fused bones can't move when I breathe — making it difficult to fully inflate my lungs. The pain also resides in my hands, toes, ankels and knees. Things that I have to watch for in the future are compression fractions and heart problems. Also back fusing making the spine less flexible and can result in a hunched-forward posture.

My diagnosis- right now I am on 3 different types of medications and I go to the doctor every 2 months to get a blood pannaling done to test my liver, heart etc. At that time they will also measure my back. I have to do home physical Theropy- such as stretching otften and Yoga.

Kind of sad, bumming, upsetting news right before Christmas. But crafting has really been a great mental theorpy. Finding gifts for Christmas also helps because the medical bills have been insane so it helps with the cost of xmas. Below are the pics of what I am making..

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

OH dear :( I hope you are able to get the treatments and everything else you need!

I'm glad you found some gifts from the link I posted :) that's awesome! Welcome to the group and can't wait to see your pics of your work !:)

Mrs.mommywhite3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Thank you :)

1redjellybean
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Welcome to the group, and I will be continually praying for you, and that's a promise!~!~! Hope you can enjoy a painless Merry Christmas!~!~ welcomechristmas tree

MissElissa21
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Those are great gift ideas. Sorry about your diagnosis, maybe a cure will be found soon :) I am Melissa, welcome to the group.

Mrs.mommywhite3
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Thanks everyone nice to meet you

jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Welcome to the group. Great gift ideas!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)