• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I might do my first tutorial :D

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sooooo this whole kindle-cover thing I'm doing....I found a BUNCH of different patterns...tutorials...etc....all with different neat aspects to them. But I didn't see one that I went "wow! that would be perfect for someone!!" so i'm sort of improvising. i am using the basic dimensions of a kindle from a tutorial (since i dont have a kindle myself) and them taking bits and peices form different designs and putting them all together to create a UNIQUE functional AMAZING kindle cover :D :D

I can't wait to share with everyone the end result!! And I'm going to have to photograph and do a tutorial on my blog just in case anyone else likes it as much as me :D Lol

just wanted to share....i'm usually one to follow tuts....not just make them :D lol

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I need a tablet cover.... just saying ;)
lololool good luck lady and share it when you're done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman
by whitley on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM
I might make a kindle cover for my mom and two cousins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

If this works out you could always give me the dimensions for your tablet and i'd be glad to make one for you if you'd like :D or you can use the makeshift tutorial i try and do for it :D lol....or we could swap....i could always use some Melli jewelry :D :D tehehe :D

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I will gladly do trade once i see how this turns out :) lololol i don't hve my sewing machine, and most likely wont for another month or so

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

If this works out you could always give me the dimensions for your tablet and i'd be glad to make one for you if you'd like :D or you can use the makeshift tutorial i try and do for it :D lol....or we could swap....i could always use some Melli jewelry :D :D tehehe :D

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Have**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Woot!! :D Be on the lookout! This one has sweet pockets...a "hidden" pocket and sweet corners to hold in the kindle :D i'm excited :D OH! and a velcro closure....once i find some velcro that is...lol

Quoting melliburger:

I will gladly do trade once i see how this turns out :) lololol i don't hve my sewing machine, and most likely wont for another month or so

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

Quoting melliburger:

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Can't wait my dear!!! :)

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

Woot!! :D Be on the lookout! This one has sweet pockets...a "hidden" pocket and sweet corners to hold in the kindle :D i'm excited :D OH! and a velcro closure....once i find some velcro that is...lol

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Fun! I make one for my sister in law and need to make one for myself. Cant wait to see your tute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C_Medlin
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I been doing the same thing. I was looking to make one that can be a nice case and them turn into a stand of some sort so it is fuctional and practical but no luck yet. Just not good enough at this just yet.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Good luck! I bet it will be amazing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)