Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was MIA for a couple days

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies,

I was MIA for a while, my husbands grandpa passed away and we arestill waiting to find out when we're supposed to drive to So. Cal.  I've been working on a knit hat on the Martha Stuart loom. It's coming out supre cute.. My 6 year old can't wait to make her yellow scarf.

. I just don't know how to end it. Has Anyone worked on one before?

. I did find out the pintrest thing was becuse I posted here it here. Sorry for the drama. I think things like that get me pumped like "what is going on?" .

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
powow65
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
try www.youtube.com or www.ehow.com ok? Sorry that your DH's grandpa passed away. (i understand, my grandmom passed away 3 to 4days before christmas. That was hard on me.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Did you make the hat from the bottom to the top? If so, you just wrap the working yarn around the loom twice-ish and cut. Use the tapestry needle to pick up the yarn on each peg. Once you get the peg yarn "strung" on the working yarn, you pull it tight, knot it and weave the end into the hat.

If you made the hat from the top down, you would use a crochet hook, to finish off the brim.

Sorry to hear about your DH's grandpa :( 

Also, what drama? I missed it, I wanna know what happened lol. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands grandpa. :( I wish you all a very safe trip to CA!

MeyganCasillas
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Quoting MissElissa21:

Did you make the hat from the bottom to the top? If so, you just wrap the working yarn around the loom twice-ish and cut. Use the tapestry needle to pick up the yarn on each peg. Once you get the peg yarn "strung" on the working yarn, you pull it tight, knot it and weave the end into the hat.

If you made the hat from the top down, you would use a crochet hook, to finish off the brim.

I have no idea which side I made first.. lol. I'll have to decide that when it's finished.

Haha it isn't that big. Just someone googled baby clothes blanket, found my pic in the group and uploaded it to pintrest. It freaked me out at first, then made me mad because I had wanted to be the one to upload it (yeah I'm lame like that). So I was trying to figure out what had happened. I thought it was someone in the group. and it was- ME! hahaha.

MeyganCasillas
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Sorry to hear that :( It's never easy and this is the 6th funeral for us in four years :(

Quoting powow65:

try www.youtube.com or www.ehow.com ok? Sorry that your DH's grandpa passed away. (i understand, my grandmom passed away 3 to 4days before christmas. That was hard on me.)

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Lmao! Pinterest is crazy! It has a mind of it's own I swear!

If you haven't decided on the hat's top or bottom it means you need to finish the top. (wrap around, cut, pick up and pull tight) If you started at the top, you would know! You have to actually make the top look like a top before you can move on to finish the bottom. Make sense?

Quoting MeyganCasillas:

Quoting MissElissa21:

I have no idea which side I made first.. lol. I'll have to decide that when it's finished.

Haha it isn't that big. Just someone googled baby clothes blanket, found my pic in the group and uploaded it to pintrest. It freaked me out at first, then made me mad because I had wanted to be the one to upload it (yeah I'm lame like that). So I was trying to figure out what had happened. I thought it was someone in the group. and it was- ME! hahaha.

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your dhs gpa :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)