• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Copic Marker Paper Help.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

I recently was given a few sets of copic caio markers for Christmas and my b-day. I went out and bought marker paper, but apparently I didn't get the right kind because the colors are bleeding way too much. Does anyone have experience with copic markers? What type of paper do you use?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I have no idea, sorry!! :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I don't know....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I googled the type of marker and since they are alcohol based markers it looks like there is special paper, not just market paper but "alcohol marker" paper. 

Tommyskitty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I tried to google it too before I went out and bought the paper, but I just couldn't find anything other than "marker paper". Gah. At least that's additional info. Thank you!

Quoting jryberg:

I googled the type of marker and since they are alcohol based markers it looks like there is special paper, not just market paper but "alcohol marker" paper. 

jryberg
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I found a listing for the paper on that company's web site, it said it gave crisp lines. I don't use this type of marker so hopefully someone who does can give you some pointers. 

Quoting Tommyskitty:

I tried to google it too before I went out and bought the paper, but I just couldn't find anything other than "marker paper". Gah. At least that's additional info. Thank you!

Quoting jryberg:

Tommyskitty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ohh, Thank you! Guess I just didn't look hard enough :)

Quoting jryberg:

I found a listing for the paper on that company's web site, it said it gave crisp lines. I don't use this type of marker so hopefully someone who does can give you some pointers. 

Quoting Tommyskitty:

Quoting jryberg:

jryberg
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No problem, i had to try a bunch of different links before I found something I thougth might be useful to you. 

Quoting Tommyskitty:

Ohh, Thank you! Guess I just didn't look hard enough :) 

ambercoon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I don't know that you have to use a certain paper with those copics.  Are you trying to color a stamped image?  I know a lot of gals use memento ink to stamp their image and than color with copics.  You should check out stampingtv.com and watch at least a few videos there.

Tommyskitty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Hi! Lol No, not coloring a stamped image. I've been transferring drawings I drew in the past so I can color them, and it's bleeding like crazy. I guess I could try using cardstock? I know those holds stamps well.

Quoting ambercoon:

I don't know that you have to use a certain paper with those copics.  Are you trying to color a stamped image?  I know a lot of gals use memento ink to stamp their image and than color with copics.  You should check out stampingtv.com and watch at least a few videos there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)