• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

how do we moms make time for our self if are stay home mom or a working mom how do we  do it from taking care of our family

victoria smith (19) years old

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM
We have a mutual agreement about time or ourselves. We make it work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM
For not or
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I really do not have a whole lot of time for myself. Baths are my "ME" time. I turn on a movie for the girls (if hubby is working) in my room which connects to my bathroom or I will let them play with barbies in my room while I take a bath and read. I also get some me time in when they are sleeping. And then when hubby wakes up I take about 5 mins to go outside and just have quiet time.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Eh, I made the choice to dedicate my life to my kidlet. I just do everything I used to do, with a kid. He goes to bed at nine, I go to bed between 11-2, so I have a few hours alone each day. I don't like to be alone though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Dd goes to bed at 7 so I have like 5 hours of free time every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'm the exact same way. Lol :D

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Eh, I made the choice to dedicate my life to my kidlet. I just do everything I used to do, with a kid. He goes to bed at nine, I go to bed between 11-2, so I have a few hours alone each day. I don't like to be alone though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I like to craft after the kids are in bed to unwind and destress. My husband is great, he keeps the kids so I can go to the grocery store, or the craft store without distraction. I stop for a beer on the way home from work with some coworkers once in a while. You have to do something for yourself once in a while.

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I don't! Yesterday was the first time in a long, long time that I went somewhere without a child with me. My husband is good about watching the kids at home so I have time to craft, but they follow me everywhere so it's not like I get time to myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

See, I can't get G to want to go anywhere with me! Lol He is a total home body!

Quoting Katie6382:

I don't! Yesterday was the first time in a long, long time that I went somewhere without a child with me. My husband is good about watching the kids at home so I have time to craft, but they follow me everywhere so it's not like I get time to myself.

jryberg
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I tend to get up early on the weekends so I can have some quiet time by myself. Hubby and I also make sure we both get time to do what we like to do that is not a family activity - I typically spend on Friday a week at my friends house scrapbooking. I have not been able to for about 5 months and I miss it. Not necessarily the time away from family but the time to connect with my friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)