Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to take a class

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just checked out the classes Joann's is offering and I just missed their crochet basics class :( So I am going to wait for it to return so I can take it. I've tried youtube and just going with it, but it's not working, and I want to know how to do it! I think a class is a great option. I am going to see if Michael's has one.

Have you ever taken a crafting class?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not taken a crafting class but i hope you get to go next time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I took sculpting last night at my shop, Daft Crafts. It was AWESOME! I loved it. I have also taken polymer clay, jewelry and on Tuesday I am learning wire wrapping and Wednesday knitting, and Saturday hemp. :)

Check local mom and pop fiber shops, or find fiber artists in your area (handmade shops or something) and see if you can get private lessons! :)

MommaChelleB
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM

If I lived closer to you I would give you lessons! I have been teaching my 11 yr old how to crochet and she has the chain and single crochet stitches down, she just needs to work on her tension!

I havent taken any classes, I took a quilting class about 4-5 years ago, the class was free and our instructor always brought extra fabric for us to use it was awesome <3 I have been looking at the classes my quilt shop offers, mostly just for meeting people who also quilt/sew.

bmom7210
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I've taken floral arranging
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't but would love to. With the kids so little it's basically impossible for me right now. Some day. Sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky357
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Well I went to college for floral design so I'd say that's a yes lol...but no I've never taken a class like you're talking about. Just was looking at the JoAnns schedule though and wish ours was closer to me so I could take some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I have taken an oil painting class before loved it. And sewing/quilting class all the time. Have one next month. I would like to take a knitting class.
lovengrace
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I would love too eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Just the courses I took as an art major. I have been looking into craft classes lately. There are so many offered in my area that I was shocked. Now to find time to take one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethl
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I love classes --took upholstery recovering--art and taught crocheting a couple of years at a large craft store--fun fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)