• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone here ever made a headboard for a bed?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

i was watching Wendy from She's Crafty on tv, she made this great headboard for a bed out of a board covered with this beautiful fabric; she did not need to sew anything; she simply measured the board to the bed's width and measured and cut some fabric, wrapped the fabric tightly around the board and glued around the rectangular parameters' edges on the oppositive side of the board. 

and then, she hot glued some buttons that she covered with the  same fabric onto the front of the board and placed it against the wall behind the bed to make it look like a beautiful headboard that you would buy in a furniture store.

i really like this crafty project; it is so easy to make and it is a thrifty item 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I've never done it, but that sounds like a great project to do! If you do end up making this, you should post pics :) 

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

That's what I wanted to do to my bed, but we bought one already done. The next one I want to make like that.

nebcutie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I am going to make one for dd room. I can't wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I have never done it but have seen a few! It seems easy enough, go for it!

laurainglese320
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I've tried using hard surfaces but I mads a foam head board for little one's room ,just a rectangular piece of foam covered in colourful fabric. easy and warm and he doesn't hit his head!

sleepy_in_va
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:19 AM
I want to do that so bad!!! Ive wanted to do one since I saw it on TLC's trading spaces...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChelleB
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I've seen this done on trading spaces lol, I want to do it for our bed when we move! Make sure to post pics if you do one!!

MommaChelleB
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

LOL exactly!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I want to do that so bad!!! Ive wanted to do one since I saw it on TLC's trading spaces...lol

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I made a headboard like this a couple of years ago!  It was really easy and I made a jewelry holder to match for my earrings:)

jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I made one years ago, don't have it anymore but it was easy to make and a great way to add a headborad for little cash!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)