Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plastic shoes

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter has all of these dress up shoes and she says she is bored with them and wants me to redo them for her. I did one set tonight with some ribbon and a button, but the other set, I was thinking about covering in fabric. Have you ever broken one of these shoes and seen the inside? Do you know if it's even possible to pop the top and bottom apart so I can re-cover the toe strap and pop it back together?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rancharobeans
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I'm not sure, when ours broke we used some zebra print duct tape and they looked really good! Lasted much longer with the duct tape too. Good luck on your project

Anniea90
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

My DD has HUGE feet. About the time she was old enough for dress up shoes she grew out of them. So I have no suggestions, but the duct tape sounds like a great idea :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Hmmm, no idea! Good luck and post pics, this sounds like a fun project!!

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Oh duct tape would be fun!

Quoting rancharobeans:

I'm not sure, when ours broke we used some zebra print duct tape and they looked really good! Lasted much longer with the duct tape too. Good luck on your project

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM

bump

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Not sure at all :(

You could cover it in glitter tho ;) surprised you didn't do that already! HAHAHAH ;)

jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I don't think they can pop apart and be put back together, but have never tried them. I would say the duct tape idea would be a good way to make changes

TAG_ur_it
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

we've gone through at least a dozen pairs.  the last set has help up pretty well. but the ones from the dollar store, you get what you pay for.  i would say the tape is a good idea.  if you want to pop them apart though, i recommend a heavy duty glue to get them back together. 

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I do want to cover one set in glitter, I just need a glue that will stick to plastic and dry clear!

Quoting melliburger:

You could cover it in glitter tho ;) surprised you didn't do that already! HAHAHAH ;)

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

LOL There's the Melissa I know ;) hahahaha

here is a bit of inspiration for you ;) hahahahah couldn't resist!@

red shoes

Quoting MissElissa21:

I do want to cover one set in glitter, I just need a glue that will stick to plastic and dry clear!

Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)