• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- how often?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
How often do you see your parents and/or extended family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytohuddy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
I am so "homesick". I think this is the longest I have ever went without seeing my family. It has just been a little over a month, but feels like forever. I can't wait to see them when I drop off huddy tomorrow night. He is staying with my parents for 3 nights!! I am going to miss him like crazy but I know they will have a great time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I see my parents almost daily but they live 5 minutes from me :)

Hubby's family we see once or twice a year - they live in New Mexico (we are in Missouri)

My sister's family we see at least quarterly - they live 3 hours away.

jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I am spoiled with my parents living so close! When we are really busy and it is a few days before we see each other I make an extra effort to stop by :)

Quoting mommytohuddy:

I am so "homesick". I think this is the longest I have ever went without seeing my family. It has just been a little over a month, but feels like forever. I can't wait to see them when I drop off huddy tomorrow night. He is staying with my parents for 3 nights!! I am going to miss him like crazy but I know they will have a great time.

mommytohuddy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I am only 2 hours away but somedays it would be nice to have family in town. My parents want to eventually move to the city I live in. But that will not happen while my mom's parents are still alive. My mom has never lived more than 5 minutes from them.

Quoting jryberg:

I am spoiled with my parents living so close! When we are really busy and it is a few days before we see each other I make an extra effort to stop by :)

Quoting mommytohuddy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Well we live with fil n mil right now. Last i saw my mum was in june when she came to help me move back in hawaii. I havent been home in almost 3 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kileys_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Lately, I"ve been seeing my parents once a week.  DH gives me Saturdays (if he's not working) to get away from the kids and do crafty stuff with my mom.  I see my grandparents about twice a year.  We only see DH's family a handful of times each year.

my4kidsrock2
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I try to see my mom once a week. She only lives about 30 minutes away, but she doesn't drive so it's all up to me. Plus her boyfriend is....well, lets just say I don't like him, so I pick her up and bring her back to my place where she spends the day then I take her home in the evening.

I see my grandma once every other week or so. She also doesn't drive, so I actually take her to all of her appointments and to do most of her shopping.

My brother was living with me until he landed himself in jail again, so I don't see him at all right now.

Aside from that I have disowned most of the rest of my family and don't see them and have no desire to.

christydlewis
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM

parents about every day or every other day BUT I for right now I live about 100 yards behind them

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I haven't seen my mom, dad, sister, brothers, nieces or nephews in three years. The only family of mine I have seen is my uncle, his wife, and my three cousins, in the past three years. And that's only 2 times. :(

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Usually 2 or more times a month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)