Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cuss words and flying machines!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm going to F-ing scream and throw both of my sewing machines out the window even though they are not to blame! Just because I am so pissed at myself right now!!!!!

I decided to go round 3 with my embroidery machine! I got all new needles, thread and interfacing so I could use the damn thing and it would finally work! Well, it did. After some practice and ruining a small piece of my precious birdie fabric, I was ready to embroider my name onto a piece to use. I lined it all up, got it going, got it done, and set it to do my mom's name too. Well while it's running the names, I figure I'll work on the other half of the tea wallet so when it's done I can just push them together and voila! Embroidered tea wallets for me and my mom. 

I get all the pockets on both, got it all trimmed up to be the same size, smushed them together, sew them together, go to turn and realize I sewed the fucking pockets on to the back of the inside piece of BOTH and now I either turn them and leave the inside white with a faint pattern, or rip ALL the damn seams out and start the whole bitch again! I'm going to take a break, drink a beer, and come back! I just needed to vent!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaChelleB
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

>.< Deep breath...

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Oh noooooooo! I have done that before. :( sewn and entire monster lining in wrong once. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mom774
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

breathe in really deep!! exhale slowly!!! repeat til calm!! im sorry ur in a pissy mood!! hopefully u can repair it!!

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I can take it apart and repair it. Or I can scrap it and start again, it not that much fabric and id get another shot at the embroidery machine. Ugh it just makes me mad that this post should have been a pic of them done! Owell, next post will be of them done lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM
:( go drink your beer and breatheeeeee! Lol sorry its goin rough:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Bummer. I hope the deep breaths and beer helped you calm down a little and can fix them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM
A beer break sounds fab! I'm sure that'll help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'm constantly ripping seams. I'm sorry mama.

kileys_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Uh, oh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I fixed them both. I got through about 3/4 of the 2nd one and ran out of bobbin thread, so I guess that means it's time for my 2nd beer!

Quoting jryberg:

Bummer. I hope the deep breaths and beer helped you calm down a little and can fix them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)