• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid question

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so most if not everybody knows i knit n crochet well i have a stitch marker...my stupid question is...HOW DO I USE IT? its the round one with the wheels one it that has numbers on it

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Balancing
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
If I remember correctly, it should slide onto the end of your hook. As you stitch, use it to track your stitches or if you have to put the project down, mark where you were so that you jump right in without counting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChelleB
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I've never used one so Im really not sure - if you're talking about what I think you are, I always thought they were used to count rows when knitting?

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I have no idea, but balancing sounds like she knows what's up. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I have never used one but it sounds like Balancing gave you some good information. 

NatalieMH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM
It is a stitch counter, Use it like balancing said. Stitch markers are the round rings you slip on your needle to mark spots you would need to pay attention to. What are you making??? Something big with a stitch counter???? Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChelleB
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Well, normal stitch markers yes, place them where certain spots need marked - but we're trying to figure out what the numbers are used for on the dial it has lol.

Quoting NatalieMH:

It is a stitch counter, Use it like balancing said. Stitch markers are the round rings you slip on your needle to mark spots you would need to pay attention to. What are you making??? Something big with a stitch counter???? Have fun!

NatalieMH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Exactly, just saying that it is called a stitch counter and that you use it like balancing said. It was refered to in the original post as a stitch marker, which is why i explained the difference.

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Well, normal stitch markers yes, place them where certain spots need marked - but we're trying to figure out what the numbers are used for on the dial it has lol.

Quoting NatalieMH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

What a great question! I have NO idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)