Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new member and curious...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi, I'm Kelsey and I'm a fiber addict...

("Hi, Kelsey.")

I'm wondering, is there a CafeMom group specifically for Etsy sellers?  I searched and didn't find anything.  Thanks in advance for any info!

Kelsey

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RutterMama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Welcome Kelsey!! We are so glad to have you!
I'm not sure about an etsy only group. But I know there are a lot of ladies in here who have had success on there. I am partial to storenvy.com. It is completely free and customizable.

What is it that you make?

kelseysd
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.  :)

I'm primarily a knitter and mostly I make women's and children's clothing and accessories.  I've been known to knit a cozy/washcloth or two.  I also like to crochet and sew, but mostly I knit.  I'm dying to learn how to spin and dye my own yarn, but it might have to wait until after things settle down a bit in our household...  I'm due with our second baby in 10 days!

Thanks for the referral to the other site, I will have to check it out!

Kelsey

Quoting RutterMama:

I'm not sure about an etsy only group. But I know there are a lot of ladies in here who have had success on there. I am partial to storenvy.com. It is completely free and customizable.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I use Storenvy.com. I have never tried Etsy. No need to when storenvy.com is completely free, easily customizable, and has a great support network! Their tech team and admins get to know people on a first name basis and it's set up to be a social shopping experience with forums, easy ways to promote via social media, and a very interactive homepage! Plus they always feature people and items randomly on the blog. :)Hehe, sorry for the rant. I'm hardcore for Storenvy lol

Not sure if there is a group for Etsy or not on here. You could always start one!

RutterMama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Wow, very busy mama! Congrats on baby #2! I had our second one a year ago, November. Very bitter sweet.
Your welcome about the site. You will love it!

Quoting kelseysd:

Thanks for the warm welcome.  :)

I'm primarily a knitter and mostly I make women's and children's clothing and accessories.  I've been known to knit a cozy/washcloth or two.  I also like to crochet and sew, but mostly I knit.  I'm dying to learn how to spin and dye my own yarn, but it might have to wait until after things settle down a bit in our household...  I'm due with our second baby in 10 days!

Thanks for the referral to the other site, I will have to check it out!

Kelsey

Quoting RutterMama:

Balancing
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Welcome to the group!  I hope everything goes well with the upcoming baby events in your house!!!  I look forward to seeing some of your projects.  If you open a store or have an online store, website, feel free to post a link in the marketplace area so that others can visit your store and shop!

Welcome again!

mommytohuddy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Welcome to the group!

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Welcome to the group! 

kelseysd
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Thanks, all! I went to storenvy.com and it looks pretty rad - maybe I will have to give it a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group! A lot of us are on both etsy and storenvy so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. We're a pretty supportive bunch :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)