Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tablet Cover & an update on hats

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I got my tablet today (it is a pandigital) and more than wanting to "play" on it, I want to make a cover for it.....how weird is that???

And the hat update....so many of you know about the "Relay for Life" hats I am doing?  Well she picked up the first three that she had ordered on Tuesday, well today she order 7 more!!!!  She hasn't even taken them to a meeting yet!!!  The GREAT thing is the hats themself are quick to work up, the moon & star and attaching them are time consuming, but at least the hat is something I can work on on a regular basis!!!

Here is the hat I am referring to.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RutterMama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Wow, you are on a roll!!

NatalieMH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Awesome!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeyganCasillas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Great work!!!

If you need an idea on how to make a tablet cover, check out my pintrest pin I made :)

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022066606/

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Nice. I'm glad she ordered more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kileys_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Looking good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

EPIC WIN on all accounts :) 

I love my tablet, except when it randomly shuts off on me :) LOL you need to post pics of your tablet cover when you  make it <3

1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm gna check it out too. I have a pandigital also: )

Quoting MeyganCasillas:

Great work!!!

If you need an idea on how to make a tablet cover, check out my pintrest pin I made :)

http://pinterest.com/pin/195765915022066606/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Cute hat op : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billssweety
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Quoting melliburger:

I love my tablet, except when it randomly shuts off on me :) LOL you need to post pics of your tablet cover when you  make it <3

I have this mental idea....you have seen the one on pinterest with the book cover wrapped with material?  I want to do that, except I want to make it with jean material on the inside & regular material on the outside and sew a jean pocket on the front and if I can swing it a place made out of jean in the middle for my pin.....with a button (I really want to do the jean buton and button hole) closure.....but I'm not a very good sewer....so we shall see!!!

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM

You can do it :) I believe in you! <3

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting melliburger:

I have this mental idea....you have seen the one on pinterest with the book cover wrapped with material?  I want to do that, except I want to make it with jean material on the inside & regular material on the outside and sew a jean pocket on the front and if I can swing it a place made out of jean in the middle for my pin.....with a button (I really want to do the jean buton and button hole) closure.....but I'm not a very good sewer....so we shall see!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)