Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**UPDATE* added pic, corrected grammar ;) What do with a messed up crochet blanket

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am trying to spin some ideas of how to utlize a screwed up crochet blanket.

5 years ago I started a blanket.  the entire pattern is single crochets.  As mentioned in another post, I picked it up back up last year (after a 3 year hiatis) and started crocheting it again.  In error (totally due to pain meds), I crocheted on the wrong side and double crocheted instead of single crocheted... so now there is about a 8 inch span on one side that is more like a ruffle.

The other night I started woring on my finish it or ditch it 2012 crochet blanket again (now a year later from the last time I picked it up in my pain med induced haze).  I didn't recognize the pattern error mentioned above until I crocheted at least 7 more lines on it in a the proper single crochet stitch.  

It is totally wacked and there is no ripping out the stiches because it is the knotted type yarn....

so I am thinking that I could maybe sew it onto fleece and layer strips of fleece on top of it in a lattice work style...???  

It is an acrylic chunky yarn.  I could cut where the bad section starts and rip back until I get a solid area of good stitches.  From there, add on again with what little yarn I have left.  I don't know if they still sell the yarn and I don't have any skeins left with wrappers.  I have about a half of a skein left.

what would you do besides trash it.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatalieMH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Hmmmm....is it made with acryllic yarn?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Picture?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I am having a hard time picturing what you are talking about but sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place :)

iHEAVENn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Picture please

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I agree show us a pic :) 

If you don't mind having that error spot in the middle, you can claim it was on purpose for "decoration" especially if it's just going to be used at your house :)

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I would have to see a pic, I can't visualize it.

Balancing
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Messed up blanket

No laughing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Oh and sorry for all the typos ... I was multi-tasking and sucked at it. I am mobile so can't go back to edit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I am no help because I don't crochet but your plan about using it as a base for a fleece blanket sounds good.  Is there anyway to attach another "miskate" part on the other side so it looks like you stared and ended with it that way?

Balancing
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Possibly.  I would need to find a similar skein.  I think this a good thought... because the double crochet .. did make it look kind of cool ...except there is a reduction error as well.. LOL.. it is so screwed up!

Quoting jryberg:

I am no help because I don't crochet but your plan about using it as a base for a fleece blanket sounds good.  Is there anyway to attach another "miskate" part on the other side so it looks like you stared and ended with it that way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)