Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking DJ to the ER in a bit... *update*

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

We got home a while ago. He is ok, no appendix. But he does have pnmonia. So he has abx for 10 days I think. He also had a low puls ox. So I'm supposed to keep an eye on that. They said that he should show signs of improvement in 24-48 hours.

It has been a HECK of a morning!
3:30am... David gets a phone call - Broken poll. So he gets ready & goes.
5:30 ... DJ comes to lay down in my bed (not uncommon) and ends up throwing up. IN MY BED. So had to change the sheets and get him cleaned up.

Since then he stil has a fever, hasn't thrown up again, but started complaining about how bad his right side hurts. It comes and goes. Plus he has an earache. And he had diarrhea.

I just HATE that I can't do anything to help him. He won't do anything, just lays there. Every once in a while he moans.

So David is on his way home and I'm going to take DJ. I just hate this. PLUS we don't have insurance! Flippin' figures!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anniea90
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I hope its not serious. Good luck in the ER, I hate hospitials. 

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM

:( I'm so sorry I hope it's nothing too serious!

Jenny31978
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

That stinks. Hope the ER has a short wait & they can figure out what's wrong with DJ. Puking is the worst. I know the stomach bug, RSV, strep throat, & whooping cough are rampant where we are, so I'm sure the same is going on where you are.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Oh no!!! I hope they get him fixed up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM
We are on the way to the er w my son as well. :( he has rsv and was admitted 2 weeks ago for dehydration and now he's puking again and hasn't kept anything down since has last ate at 6pm yesterday

Hope ur little guy gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Oh no!!! Sending you positive vibes and best wishes! Keep us posted...

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

We are on the way to the er w my son as well. :( he has rsv and was admitted 2 weeks ago for dehydration and now he's puking again and hasn't kept anything down since has last ate at 6pm yesterday

Hope ur little guy gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM
How high is his fever? An ear infection can cause dizziness, fever and puking. (Just fyi) Hope they can make him feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)