Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think it would be disrespectful?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 20 Replies
The bedroom that belonged to my deceased son I am thinking bout turning it into my sewing/crafts room...do u think that is disrespectful?

I am in no way wanting or trying to disrespect my lil man
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orangeillusion
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
No I don't think it would be. in your heart do you feel it would be? I think it could be a good part of the healing process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I would think it would help in your grieving process. But how would you feel spending a lot of time in the room?
nebcutie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM
No I think it is a good idea. I see it this way, leave maybe the Color and a painting or something you have hung up and then do your set up. It is something that brings you happiness and a little place to think of him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM
No. My son passed. It took a while but we changed the room. It must be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I absolutely would do it:)  I totally believe in the "circle of life".  I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child and it breaks my heart that it happened to you:(  I do feel, however, that is happened for some unknown reason and you may not know that reason for years and years to come.  In the meantime, since you love crafting and creating why not use the room that your little guy slept in.  It may be cathartic for you and he could be such an inspiration in your creativity. 

blessed_mom774
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I have been in the room once since he passed away n that's cuz my MIL forced me to go in there...honestly idk how I'd feel if I spent alot of time in there!! Part of me feels like if I turn it into a sewing room I'd be giving up my son in a sense but another part of me feels like with the baby stuff removed I could go in the room easier without the overwhelming feeling of hurt n sadness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
What if you put away the "stuff" but kept some of your favorite photos of him and decorations from his room. Then you would have part of him and a space for you.
Jennifair
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting jryberg:

What if you put away the "stuff" but kept some of your favorite photos of him and decorations from his room. Then you would have part of him and a space for you.

I was going to say this 

maksalama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
NO...I BELIEVE YOUR NOT! YOUR SON WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN YOUR HEART! DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mom774
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
We totally remodeled the room 2 weeks b4 our EDD of June 14th last year...it has new carpet n new paint job new floor...soooo I just had this thought!! His favorite items was his swing, his hippie frogs n Mohawk monkeys, so I am thinking of keeping his swing in the room n the frogs n monkeys sit them in the swing in the corner but leave the what nots n pictures where they are n keep his bible story book in there!! But remove his crib, the bouncer, n lay n play jungle gym thing. Keep the dresser in there as a storage place for patterns, materials, looms n ribbon. Use his little tykes toy box with the storage pockets on the ends as storage for my yarns n needles. Put the yarns on the inside n put the crochet needles stitch markers n gauge in one lil pocket n my knit needles marker n gauge in the other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)