Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made these

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

still need to add the snaps to most of them. but they fold right up to fit in your pocket or pocketbook. The skulls my DD who is 13 picked out. I made about 8 in the skulls and only 6 in the penguins. This is only a start. but they cost about $6 dollars to make 8 of them. A lot better than having to buy them each month.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatalieMH
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

at the risk of sounding extremely ignorant and dumb, are those mama cloths? I don't wanna assume they are lol

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quoting melliburger:

at the risk of sounding extremely ignorant and dumb, are those mama cloths? I don't wanna assume they are lol

Yes they are. I made a few back in the fall to try and see if we like them and would use them. I love them. So this weekend we went shopping and spent the weekend sewing.
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

oh ok! LOL I didn't want to comment and then sound like an @$$! haha

I really like that skull fabric! 

Quoting Jessiejack:

Quoting melliburger:

Yes they are. I made a few back in the fall to try and see if we like them and would use them. I love them. So this weekend we went shopping and spent the weekend sewing.

jridgill
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Nice!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeganEcoMama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I LOVE those! I'm getting into mama cloth myself! I have about 4 WAHM ones but want to make them myself. I think I can make those easier than cloth diapers for the baby haha! What did you use as the absorbent layer? Did you use PUL? They look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

LOVE THEM!!  :)

MommiE8983
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Neat!! Nice job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM
those are great! I love my mama cloth! I am in the middle of making a set for myself and one of the group members here once she has her baby. Its taking me forever to draft what I want and need!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Quoting VeganEcoMama:

I LOVE those! I'm getting into mama cloth myself! I have about 4 WAHM ones but want to make them myself. I think I can make those easier than cloth diapers for the baby haha! What did you use as the absorbent layer? Did you use PUL? They look great!

I used a combination of things in the middle. I used old tshirts that would have other wise been thrown away, pieces of quilt batting that were to small for a quilt, old towels that were falling apart and yes I did use the pul. I made some without it and they leak. I just felt I could not leave the house with them on. I do make some with out the pul for the days leading up to it or the very ending. I don't make mine very thick as I use them more of a back up for my diva cup. But if you make cloth diapers you can make these. They are real easy. They just take a lot of time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)