Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to the Craft Cafe!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Craft Cafe Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (201-210):
Peorth68
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I just don't think the boys learn anything when an adult makes something for them and they are in Scouts because they want to learn different things as well as have fun.  I've never had much luck with the bubbles.  I was finding my bubbles seperating out into water, glycerin and salt solids in a chemical reaction a few days after mixing.  It didn't seem to matter if I used tap water or distilled water from the store, I still got that nasty salt solid in the bottom and even shaking wouldn't make it bubble properly after seperation.

Our first meeting of the year is tomorrow so there's a lot of stuff on my list of things to discuss with them tomorrow.  I'm not sure an hour will be long enough.  :)

Quoting jryberg:

Welcome to the group (i am just catching up after the holidays and saw your intro). I love that you won't make the products for the boys and your ideas of homemade paints and play-dough are great.  What about homemade bubbles, personally my daughter loves bubbles and I am always picking stuff up. I would definitely get them from a group who was trying to raise money. 

avonlady1008
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I love to embroider!!! I have what sometimes seems to be a kazillion embroidery kits stashed away in two big storage containers -mostly tabletoppers but also pillow cases, different sizes of tablecloths I hope to complete (some year- maybe even soon) as well as a few counted cross stitch kits. (Don't like to acquire too much of the counted cross stitch stuff as it's my nemesis -makes me crosseyed when I do it!

I also enjoy knitting (making a pair of mittens now for my 6-year-old grandson -who, after I got the yarn to make the mittens, he informed me when we got home from the store that he doesn't have a scarf either!) I like to crochet -mostly afghan for babies but am not that good on the gauge with crochet and tend to end up with slightly lopsided projects.

I used to sew a lot when my kids were little -mostly tee shirts and sweatshirts -working with either cotton knits or fleece and then, using cotton knit to make the rib trim at the neck and wrists.

Fabric and yarns are things that are very difficult for me to go past in any store that carries that kind of stuff so as a result, I have several tote cases stuffed full of material, yarns and such -along with the containers of my embroidery projects too.

I have made, in the past, reversible vests, aprons and baby bibs to sell. The baby bibs are simple -just pick up nice little fingertip towels and/or tea towels with a nice terry cloth fabric and maybe cute prints, cut down into the towel and use rib trim to make the neck opening for either a crew neck or turtle neck. These bibs cover the child down to their waist and across the shoulders and prevent sloppy stains on good clothing plus they are cute too! (Also very simple to make!)

And that's the key factor in the crafts i mess with -simple to do, easy to make, preferably using inexpensive materials as well!

Jeni

gmakayci
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Hello...I am a crafter of all sorts. I mostly scrapbook and crochet, but have dabbled in most other crafts too. I really want to get into woodworking but the expense has kept me from it so far. I have a few pieces of furniture I plan to sand and repaint this summer. I not live where I have a garage I can work in. I like to re-make things whether it is resizing something to fit one of my kids or g-kids or boxes and jars to re-purpose. I just got a new sewing machine so I am hoping to start sewing again. I have some fabric and many items waiting to be mended. I spend a lot of my free time scrapbooking. I tell people I have been scrapbooking since before it was a true hobby. When my dau was born (almost 39 yrs ago now) I cut the wrapping paper her gifts came in and decorated her baby albums with it. I know, not archival safe but I didn't know better. I started sewing very young; my nana taught me. She sewed for us all the time and let us play with the scraps. I think i was probably 7 or 8 when she decided I could use her machine. She also crocheted and tho a neighbor lady taught 6 of us gals how to crochet for a Girl Scout badge, Nana taught me how to read and adapt patterns. I have done everything from afghans to Barbie doll clothes. I seldom do sweaters but have fallen in love with prayer shawls. Plan to do a few for Christmas gifts this year. Right now I am working on a baby afghan for my niece. She is due with a little girl on my birthday!! If she lasts that long I have 11 days to finish it! I love to paint also tho have not done much lately. Mainly I just keep busy. I also care for 2 of my g-kids Mon-Fri so I am pretty busy there too. I do so love being a gma!

tarableknight10
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Hi my name is Tara I'm new to crafts i like to make scrapbooks, hook rugs and crochet. I also to cross stich. Sometimes its hard for me to do my crafts because of money, but i like doing what I can with those few things.

navywife233
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Hello my name is Lynette and I am kind of new to crafting I've always enjoyed it but I have never been that great at it lol so I joined to learn new things!

mrsannacampbell
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Hi Ladies!

Wow, looks like I am in very good company!!! I love crafts! I love those decorative paper storage containers, making paraffin and soy candles, creating cards, paper.. paper.. paper!!! I like to crochet.

And, I seem to be a serial blogger! Can't make up my mind about where my focus is, so I am letting it flow! I am currently a stay at home mom, married, and we have a teenage daughter! Here comes high school! HA!

I really look forward to meeting everyone, and I would LOVE to see pictures of what you are working on!

Anna

MaggieMay99
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Hi I'm Stephanie. I make hair bows, baby shoes, and hair accessory organizers. Just started making bows for my daughter last year, and kind of got a little out of control - lol - and realized I needed to sell some if I wanted to support my habit. Then I sort of branched off from there. I love creating new things. It's so rewarding!

laylasmommy2009
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Hi my name is Tanya and i am the mother of a beautiful little girl named Layla....we love to sit down and create things such as hair bows...tutus... and hair bow holders......check us out at Layla Grayce Boutique on facebook!sewing

amullinix
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Hello, my name is ann. Im 25 and a mom of an 8 year old boy and in two months i will be having a daughter. I have been crafting most of my life. My family is big into crafting. I have tried everything from paper quilling to currently plastic canvas. You name it and I either have supplies or patterns for it.

GvrDesigner
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

How did your craft fair go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)