Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to the Craft Cafe!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Craft Cafe Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Hi :) I'm a sahm also.

Quoting BRQ07:

i'm Brittney, i'm 27, a ftm & a sahm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Hi :) I'm a sahm also.

Quoting BRQ07:

i'm Brittney, i'm 27, a ftm & a sahm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Hi, my name is Pam and I'm a sahm to two kids. I have been knitting off and on and never really finish a project. I taught myself from watching you tube videos. I've made scarves mostly and now i am making dishcloths. I've also just learned that I'm crafty! YAY ME! :) LOL I took an old photo board thingie that you put pictures on and we never used it for that reason...so I stuck my daughter's bows where the photos go...then I added the little screws to hang her other hair stuff. :)

I've also made a spring floral wreath this week. It turned out very cute still not finished with it tho.

misfitdiva
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Hi my name is Tanya.  I am getting back into crafting.   I love to paint and want to learn how to sew but have no clue where to start.   Right now I am trying to redo our house.   We moved before Christmas but we are just now figuring out what we want to do with the place so dont be surprised if you see a post or 2 asking for ya'lls opinion on things. 

ADWG
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi. I am expecting my first child in October. I enjoy sewing fast projects. I currently sew baby blankets with cotton novelty prints and minky backing. I also enjoy making tote bags.

mrs.barnhill
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

My name is Ginger and I love to craft. Actually, I got started with Scrapbooking when I was 12. I still have that first book I made although It is horrible and should definitely never see the light of day. Maybe one day I'll post it here but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you °Ü° 

After scrapping I decided to start crafting. I used to make wreaths out of foam and candy and called it KandyKreations. I ended up no longer making these great and fun wreaths due to lack of time and supplies with my many various moves. I did love creating them and coming up with new ways to decorate them and hopefully will be able to get back to them someday.

For now I am just getting started with my craftiness and m hoping to more or less make it just a fun hobby though I do hope I will be able to make a few fun crafty friends along the way.

My craft blog can be found here: http://gingerscraftyscraps.blogspot.com/ 

mrs.barnhill
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

good luck 

I just recently started doing hairbows. You can check out the barretes I have made {plan on making more soon} on my blog: http://gingerscraftyscraps.blogspot.com/

Quoting PisceanMom:

Hi there. :) 

I'm not new to crafting, but I seem to change my craft all the time. Short attention span, I guess! Currently I do wrap style bracelets with glass beads, tutus, and I'm learning how to do hair bows. I have a craft fair coming up on St. Patrick's Day and I came here for display inspiration!

samanthaleah84
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I just realized I never introduced myself and I really enjoy hanging around here so I will make myself comfortable! I just want to say that you ladies are all so talented!

Me, well, I just turned 28 and I am a SAHM to 2 girls. Aliza turned 2 on the 12th and Liana is going to be 9 months 3/2. DH and I will be married 5 years in June.

I have been crafting as long as I can remember. My Mom used to sew, paint, and sell clothes in boutiques all over the Chicago area. She also was very talented at Crochet and Cross Stitch. It all rubbed off on me!

I scrapbook, sew, cross stitch, and make jewlery sometimes. I am just starting to really craft again. My oldest has had a very rough 2 years and hospitals and doctors and therapy keeps us busy. Add to that another baby who is an over achiever and I don't get much time lol.

Anyways, we just rented a beautiful old Craftsman so I have needed to start sewing for home decor purposes. Too bad I am using my old machine as we lost my power cord to the new one in the move.

We live in WI. Have been here a year after 2.5 years spent in St Louis (which I miss). I am a native if the Chicagoland area.

Ok. Im done babbling now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PisceanMom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Thanks! Your bows are cute. :)

Mine are a little different in style...I make them to match my tutus and I hope to sell them as sets - it's a great way to use up the extra tulle when I've cut too many strips! Here's an example of one of my hair barrettes. The tutu is made with the same colors.

Quoting mrs.barnhill:

Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM

welcome to the group!  I hope you post some of your bracelet styles!  Good luck at your craft fair next month

Quoting PisceanMom:

Hi there. :) 

I'm not new to crafting, but I seem to change my craft all the time. Short attention span, I guess! Currently I do wrap style bracelets with glass beads, tutus, and I'm learning how to do hair bows. I have a craft fair coming up on St. Patrick's Day and I came here for display inspiration!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)