Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to the Craft Cafe!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Craft Cafe Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (121-130):
mushshmush
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hi, My name is Jenn - FTM to a crazy little baby girl who just turned one in July - I always made fun of my mom for all the crafting she did/ does and now I have realized that I am turning into her....I am just starting this crazy addiction so I really do not know where to begin...I thought I would start with doing some DIY Halloween crafts but I am hoping that you all can steer me in the right direction.

JenaSmith
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Hey im jenny 24 mom of 3 kids. I am in college and going for elementary ed. I love crafts when i can find the time to make them. Any questions just ask me :)

LadyLuxy
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hi, I'm Melissa. I cross stitch and knit. I would love to learn to sew and am hoping that Santa brings me a sewing machine for Christmas this year. lol 

MommaTate
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hi everyone!

My name is Jenn, I'm 39 and live in Ohio. My husband Jerry and I have three children. Cory is 19, Jessicah is 18, and Jerry Lee ("Trey") is 15. Jessicah just recently moved away to college (thankfully not too far!) and a few months ago, my mother-in-law, Hope, moved in with us.

We have three cats (Hermoine, Crystal, and Sassy) and a Mastiff/Shepard mix named Hooch.

I love cross-stitching, anything with plastic canvas, wood/ceramic painting, and just about any type of crafts! I'm not nearly as talented as many I've seen, but I sure do love doing it anyway! lol It's just such a relaxing and productive way to spend some time (too much time for me sometimes! lol)

I'm actually a returning member, but I had to create a new account since it's been so long since I've been able to get on a computer again after my old one died. I just have THE worst luck with computers! lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting (and re-meeting) everyone and I look forward to joining in on the discussions!

Thank you for letting me join!

Oceanpeg
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm Peggy, in NJ. Been sewing for over 50 years. Doing more crafting than making clothing. I belong to a craft group on the Internet whereas we make up handmade Christmas gifts. The yahoo group is called "25 Weeks of Christmas." The members there do all kinds of crafts for the gifts for their friends and relatives not just for Christmas. We discuss and exchange ideas and links for different craft projects. We go off topic every once in a while, talking about family life in general. A nice group of ladies there.

BeingAMomIsMe
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hello All,

I am new to cafemom.com.  Still trying to get a feel of what is going on around here.

I love doing crafts!!!  I love getting ideas from Pinterest.  It is there that I discovered Mod Podge.  I am still trying to figure a lot of stuff out using Mod Podge but slowly getting my feet wet.

Last month I went to a beer and wine festival and bought my first hand painted wine glass.  It gave me inspiration to start painting glasses myself.  I have painted two for family members and gave them as gifts.  I also have made myself a wine glass and a tumbler.  Now I want to throw away all the old plastic cups in my cupboard and have just hand painted tumblers by me.I have also dabbled with duct tape.  I found a really cool duct tape purse "how to" and my daughter helps me with them.  She is actually trying it as a business and has had three people place an order with her.

I encourage all of my kids to do crafts with me and we have a lot of fun at it.

mlbz
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Hi. Yes, I'm new to the group. Just enjoying getting to know the format and seeing the posts. Seeing some fun craft ideas.

falling.rayn
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Hello. My name is Jamie and I am a sahm to five wonderful kids. I am very crafty. To list them all would be ridiculous. Mainly I knit and I am beginning to design my own patterns. 

nikkipetty85
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Hello everyone. I'm Nikki and I live in Mississippi. I have 3 kids, ages 8, 7, and 5. I'm married to a great man. I love all kinds of crafting, I just don't do it often. I'm hoping to get into it more, especially with the kids. I look forward to getting some great ideas from this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Hi hello and welcome to the group!!

Quoting nikkipetty85:

Hello everyone. I'm Nikki and I live in Mississippi. I have 3 kids, ages 8, 7, and 5. I'm married to a great man. I love all kinds of crafting, I just don't do it often. I'm hoping to get into it more, especially with the kids. I look forward to getting some great ideas from this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)