Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to the Craft Cafe!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Craft Cafe Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (131-140):
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Hi! Welcome! You pics of your knit projects!!

Quoting falling.rayn:

Hello. My name is Jamie and I am a sahm to five wonderful kids. I am very crafty. To list them all would be ridiculous. Mainly I knit and I am beginning to design my own patterns. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Hi Melissa! Good luck getting a sewing machine. ;) check thrift stores. I see them all the time there!!!

Quoting LadyLuxy:

Hi, I'm Melissa. I cross stitch and knit. I would love to learn to sew and am hoping that Santa brings me a sewing machine for Christmas this year. lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Hi and welcome! what crafts do you hope to learn?

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Hi im Elle and I've never crafted (as it says on my post)!

I'll be starting on a little project today or tomorrow and I could use any tips or tricks :) thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I would love to see pica of your ceramic work! You should post a show off post! :)

Quoting MommaTate:

Hi everyone!

My name is Jenn, I'm 39 and live in Ohio. My
husband Jerry and I have three children. Cory is 19, Jessicah is 18, and
Jerry Lee ("Trey") is 15. Jessicah just recently moved away to college
(thankfully not too far!) and a few months ago, my mother-in-law, Hope,
moved in with us.

We have three cats (Hermoine, Crystal, and Sassy) and a Mastiff/Shepard mix named Hooch.

I love cross-stitching, anything with plastic canvas, wood/ceramic painting, and just about any type of crafts! I'm not nearly as talented as many I've seen, but I sure do love doing it anyway! lol It's just such a relaxing and productive way to spend some time (too much time for me sometimes! lol)

actually a returning member, but I had to create a new account since
it's been so long since I've been able to get on a computer again after
my old one died. I just have THE worst luck with computers! lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting (and re-meeting) everyone and I look forward to joining in on the discussions!

Thank you for letting me join!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to cafemom! Feel free to post pics of your crafty endeavors. We love to look!

Quoting BeingAMomIsMe:

Hello All,

I am new to  Still trying to get a feel of what is going on around here.

I love doing crafts!!!  I love getting ideas from Pinterest.  It is there that I discovered Mod Podge.  I am still trying to figure a lot of stuff out using Mod Podge but slowly getting my feet wet.

Last month I went to a beer and wine festival and bought my first hand painted wine glass.  It gave me inspiration to start painting glasses myself.  I have painted two for family members and gave them as gifts.  I also have made myself a wine glass and a tumbler.  Now I want to throw away all the old plastic cups in my cupboard and have just hand painted tumblers by me.I have also dabbled with duct tape.  I found a really cool duct tape purse "how to" and my daughter helps me with them.  She is actually trying it as a business and has had three people place an order with her.

I encourage all of my kids to do crafts with me and we have a lot of fun at it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM
What medium do you want to work with? Painting pumpkins is easy and fun. Wreath making is also easy! You can cut out felt leaves and make garlands too! :)

Quoting mushshmush:

Hi, My name is Jenn - FTM to a crazy little baby girl who just turned one in July - I always made fun of my mom for all the crafting she did/ does and now I have realized that I am turning into her....I am just starting this crazy addiction so I really do not know where to begin...I thought I would start with doing some DIY Halloween crafts but I am hoping that you all can steer me in the right direction.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

There were a few things i saw that i wanted to try to mimic. Pbk had some cute decorations that it was made from felt. Then pier one had some cool halloween wreaths. And finally i saw this girl wearing a witches hat at the ren fair and it had some neat decorations with tulle and butterflies. It was really cool.looking. see lots of.ideas. lol

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hello, my name is Amanda and I just recently became a mother.  My baby girl was born on August 7. 

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM

He all, I'm Teresa, from West Virginia. I have 2 daughters & 3 grand daughters. My husband is a foreman in a coal mines. I do all kinds of different crafts, including using my cricut expression to make iron on t-shirt transfers and vinyl car window decals. The guys at the coal mine buy alot of them from me, and I love making them.

I'm also a professional photographer with my studio in my home.

So glad to be here

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hey y'all.  I'm Mo.  I'm an advid crafter with lots of projects started and some finished.  LOL.  I have 3 kids, 3 dogs, a hubbie and a cat.  All keep me extremely busy.  So I do what I can when I can.  I look forward to meeting everyone and getting ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN