Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to the Craft Cafe!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Craft Cafe Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Officially welcome to the group!   I love love love Chicago!  I grew up in MIchigan and went to school in K-zoo, Michigan so we would skip school and go to chi-town for the day... save up our money for the express toll road, at at the original Uno's-write on the wall(of course) and come home!

Quoting samanthaleah84:

I just realized I never introduced myself and I really enjoy hanging around here so I will make myself comfortable! I just want to say that you ladies are all so talented!

Me, well, I just turned 28 and I am a SAHM to 2 girls. Aliza turned 2 on the 12th and Liana is going to be 9 months 3/2. DH and I will be married 5 years in June.

I have been crafting as long as I can remember. My Mom used to sew, paint, and sell clothes in boutiques all over the Chicago area. She also was very talented at Crochet and Cross Stitch. It all rubbed off on me!

I scrapbook, sew, cross stitch, and make jewlery sometimes. I am just starting to really craft again. My oldest has had a very rough 2 years and hospitals and doctors and therapy keeps us busy. Add to that another baby who is an over achiever and I don't get much time lol.

Anyways, we just rented a beautiful old Craftsman so I have needed to start sewing for home decor purposes. Too bad I am using my old machine as we lost my power cord to the new one in the move.

We live in WI. Have been here a year after 2.5 years spent in St Louis (which I miss). I am a native if the Chicagoland area.

Ok. Im done babbling now.

Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Welcome to the group! - Hopefully we will inspire you to finish your list of  craft-to-do's... or we will terribly derail you and you will end up with more unfinished projects!  Maybe it will be a combination of both!  I hope to see some of your scrapbook pages!

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

Hello My name is Kay and I love crafts.I am not as creative as I want to be but I am working on it.I have a room that I am redecorating just for my home office & crafts.I seem to get many projects started but never seem to finish them.It is my goal to get organized and finish some things.I love craft shows, refurbishing furniture and love to scrapbook.I would love to learn how to knit so that is on the to do list.I look forward to being around all of the creative ladies here and super excited to try new projects!!

Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM

welcome to the group!  great use of the pinboard you had laying around!!!

I hope to see your wreath in a post soon!

Quoting wandep:

Hi, my name is Pam and I'm a sahm to two kids. I have been knitting off and on and never really finish a project. I taught myself from watching you tube videos. I've made scarves mostly and now i am making dishcloths. I've also just learned that I'm crafty! YAY ME! :) LOL I took an old photo board thingie that you put pictures on and we never used it for that reason...so I stuck my daughter's bows where the photos go...then I added the little screws to hang her other hair stuff. :)

I've also made a spring floral wreath this week. It turned out very cute still not finished with it tho.

Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Welcome to the group!  I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and best to you the goals you have set out to accomplish.

I look forward to becoming inspired by some of your crafts.  I am in the greater Denver area right now.

Quoting MsAriella:

Hi! My name is Ariella. I live in Salida, Colorado! I'm 20yrs old(in March lol) and expecting my first little one in Sept. :) I'm married to the father.. He's away right now(long story) So I'm pretty much doing this on my own which makes this exciting experience definitely a scary one as well. Other than that I'm a really outgoing person who loves new friends and new adventures! I'm definitely in need of some friends right now. I don't seem to be as close as I used to be to my old friends.. They're young and pretty much just wanna party and have fun. I have a responsibility now. I'd love to meet some new moms my age feeling the same way. Anyway I'm putting my life back on track for my baby and myself. Getting my GED and looking for a career thats rewarding and most importantly fun! I love the outdoors, having fun, music, and photography(my passion) I'm kinda new to other crafting but I really want to find other things to make! I love being creative and hopefully I'll find ideas for more things to do! Thats about it for me :) Questions? Don't be scared to ask or become a new friend! I love new friends and I don't bite!! Promise!

PisceanMom
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I'm not really doing the bracelets so much anymore, but here's an example of one. They weren't fancy in anyway... just pretty!

Quoting Balancing:

welcome to the group!  I hope you post some of your bracelet styles!  Good luck at your craft fair next month

Balancing
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

It is pretty!   I love beaded bracelets... I wish my wrist/lower arms were "delicate" enough to wear them...  I feel like they look strange on me.  Can't explain how/why but I just can't pull the look off with bracelets.. It is like I am too big to be delicate but not big enough to be the crazy cat lady with all of the beaded jewelry --does that make sense?

anyway - this is very pretty!  What are you creating for the upcoming craft fair?

Quoting PisceanMom:

Thanks! I'm not really doing the bracelets so much anymore, but here's an example of one. They weren't fancy in anyway... just pretty!

Quoting Balancing:

welcome to the group!  I hope you post some of your bracelet styles!  Good luck at your craft fair next month

abbysmom028
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Im new to the group Im Candice and 28 yrs old . We live in TN . I work on crafts with our daughter . Oh I scrapbook like all the time . But I want to Learn more . Im my DF is retired Air Force and Our best friend is in the Army both  . Im very proud of both of them

Cafe Kelly
by Kelly on Feb. 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hi Candice welcome to the group!

welcome

Quoting abbysmom028:

Im new to the group Im Candice and 28 yrs old . We live in TN . I work on crafts with our daughter . Oh I scrapbook like all the time . But I want to Learn more . Im my DF is retired Air Force and Our best friend is in the Army both  . Im very proud of both of them

Gemska
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Hi ladies! *waves frantically* I am really looking forward to getting fresh ideas here! I'm a SAHM to two beautiful girls and love making them clothes, toys, etc. I also knit, crochet, embroider, and make hemp jewelry. :) 

Cafe Kelly
by Kelly on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Hi welcome to the group!

I love your enthusiasm!!

Quoting Gemska:

Hi ladies! *waves frantically* I am really looking forward to getting fresh ideas here! I'm a SAHM to two beautiful girls and love making them clothes, toys, etc. I also knit, crochet, embroider, and make hemp jewelry. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN