Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:) Just wanted to share some items from fellow Cafemom member Cari, MommiE8983 that have made their way to Daft Crafts in Independence, mo! :D

Bow holders with bows on them!

Mollie Dollies!

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Replies (41-48):
misfitdiva
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Those are awesome.  I wish I could sew.  Want to learn, have no clue where to start!   :(

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM
You start with a desire to learn. :) do you have a machine? If not, start checkin craigslst or thrift stores and maybe obtain a cheap used one that functions well to practice on. Use some old sheets or something to practice straight lines. :)

Quoting misfitdiva:

Those are awesome.  I wish I could sew.  Want to learn, have no clue where to start!   :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM
If it's something you think you will stick with, make the $100 investment in a basic machine at Walmart. :) maybe find sewing classes near you?

Quoting misfitdiva:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misfitdiva
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thats a great idea.   I am so going to start looking.  DH said he would buy me one if I wanted one but I didnt want to spend that kind of money if I sucked at it.   What kind of machine should I look for?

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You start with a desire to learn. :) do you have a machine? I not, start checkin craigslst or thrift stores and maybe obtain a cheap used one that functions well to practice on. Use some old sheets or something to practice straight lines. :)

Quoting misfitdiva:

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Any machine can be a good machine if it's in good repair and cared for, really. Try to find one with the bobbin cage, feed feet, bobbins, cords and manuals. If all else fails, just make sure it has the cords. You can 90% of the time order replacement parts if all it needs is zipper feet or something. But check for cords and ask to plug it in and mess with it before you buy it. If it doesn't have the manual you can typically order one online. If you have a mobile device with Internet you can google it all while you are looking at it at the shop. :)

Quoting misfitdiva:

Thats a great idea.   I am so going to start looking.  DH said he would buy me one if I wanted one but I didnt want to spend that kind of money if I sucked at it.   What kind of machine should I look for?

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You start with a desire to learn. :) do you have a machine? I not, start checkin craigslst or thrift stores and maybe obtain a cheap used one that functions well to practice on. Use some old sheets or something to practice straight lines. :)

Quoting misfitdiva:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Man! I love those bow holders and the red head doll! Adorable!

bxmommy2be
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Love the dolls!!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The bow holders wold also be good for like, a note holder by the door or something! (: I was thinking about getting one for my house lol

Quoting MissElissa21:

Man! I love those bow holders and the red head doll! Adorable!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)