Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Well it's Friday. Are you excited about the weekend or view it as just another two days? Any crafting planed for today?

I am excited today is Friday - it means I made it through the 1st week without my friend being here at work. And only 11 more weeks until she is back :) I am going to her house after work today to take them dinner and get some baby cuddle time in!

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM

You should just take the car and leave Sir Jordan home with hubby.... I don't think you have had any Melli time since you left Hawaii :(

Quoting melliburger:

yay Friday! LOL I get my tattoos tomorrow :)

anyway prolly nothing going on today... I have to do all the work for my team's assignment, do a DQ and some participation... siiiigh

we might take a trip to wally world pick up some more keychains and those pandora style beads, and maybe pick up some cell phone charms from hobby lobby... IF hubby feels like it I should say.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM

It sounds like you are going to have a GREAT weekend! Post pictures of your projects when you get them done.  Don't let the pattern intimidate you - they are pretty easy to read usually.

Quoting diva9786:

I am so TGIF today!!!  My mom is coming to pick up both of my girls after school for the whole weekend!!!  So my plan for this weekend is to sew, sew, sew.  I want to make my oldest daughter a robe, I have had the fabric for over a month and never got a chance to sit down and figure out how to read the pattern (this will be my first project using a pattern).  So, I plan on cleaning the house from top to bottom before the kids get home from school at 3:30.  Then as soon as they leave with my mom I am breaking out a bottle of wine and blasting Sara Bareilles until my DH can't stand it anymore :)

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sounds like fun - I would love to see the cupcake stands when you get them finished.

Quoting LowryCuisine:

I'm re purposing items today. Gonna make some jar stands into cupcake stands and if I can find all my loom peices then I'm finishing my scarf.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Sorry you got snow :( I am ready for spring even though we have barely had any real winter here in St. Louis this year. Hopefully after your doctors apt you can snuggle up inside and have fun.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Ugh it snowed. I am going to a doctors appointment, how to take picturesof the studio, catch up on coupons, maybe spin for a bit. I need to photograph the bobbins I just finished.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That sucks to have hubby working all night :(

From your post about your to-do list it sounds like you should have some fun crafting time today.

Quoting MissElissa21:

I don't like Fridays :( Hubby has to work all night long. I am sewing a bunch of stuff today if Bradley cooperates and getting some of the house picked up. I don't have anything exciting going on this weekend that I know of!

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Have fun at your quilting class! And I hope next week is less crazy with the kids back in school :)

Quoting Jessiejack:

I am so looking forward to this weekend. My kids have been so crazy all week, school vacation week. I have a quilting class tomorrow and we get to pick my DD up tomorrow evening. I miss her when she is gone this long, she goes to her grandmothers every Feb vacation.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Your volunteer role sounds very interesting and rewarding. Enjoy your afternoon.

And I love your new oven mit! Super cute.

Quoting bunNtheoven:

I'm glad it's Friday! I have the morning to just sit around, then get ready to go to the pregnancy center I volunteer at. Friday's are my days. I'm a client advocate, I teach prenatal and parenting classes to the young girls/women that come there. I learn something when I teach too! I've learned great parenting & discipline techniques that really work for little ones! Anyway, I'll be there from noon to 5pm today. Good break from home. :-) I'm working on another oven mitt set, here's a photo of the work in progress! I need to get some matching red material for the base of it. Happy crafting everyone! And have a great Friday!

Oh yeah and tomorrow we get to celebrate 3 birthday's in one @ my mom's house, so that'll be fun!

LowryCuisine
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I will post them. i kind of think I want to do some stenciling on them. Right now they are just painted cherry red.

Quoting jryberg:

Sounds like fun - I would love to see the cupcake stands when you get them finished.

Quoting LowryCuisine:

I'm re purposing items today. Gonna make some jar stands into cupcake stands and if I can find all my loom peices then I'm finishing my scarf.

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I haven't, but it's ok. We had to take the car in today, so we switched cars with MIL. I'd rather not put extra miles on their car. Plus hubby prolly won't want to take care of sir jorda, and he can't really hold him because of the chest tattoo.

Quoting jryberg:

You should just take the car and leave Sir Jordan home with hubby.... I don't think you have had any Melli time since you left Hawaii :(

Quoting melliburger:

anyway prolly nothing going on today... I have to do all the work for my team's assignment, do a DQ and some participation... siiiigh

we might take a trip to wally world pick up some more keychains and those pandora style beads, and maybe pick up some cell phone charms from hobby lobby... IF hubby feels like it I should say.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I totally did not thnk about him not being able to pick sir jordan up because of the tattoo.... oh well.

Quoting melliburger:

I haven't, but it's ok. We had to take the car in today, so we switched cars with MIL. I'd rather not put extra miles on their car. Plus hubby prolly won't want to take care of sir jorda, and he can't really hold him because of the chest tattoo.

Quoting jryberg:

Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)