Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

New sewing machine! *Yay*

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, my old 13 year old sewing machine has been acting up this last week and last night it got on my last nerve! So hubby and I went out today in search of Brother sewing machines. Found one at K-mart (everywhere else had singer machines! Even Walmart, they had the brother displays but no boxes, only the singer boxes). Im loving this sewing machine!! I got the Brother Computerized Sewing Machine. I cant wait to try out the different stitch types on it!

Im loving the backstitch button (mine was pull the handle down, press the foot pedal, sew backwards), this one back stitches for you, no pressing the foot pedal.

It has a self needle threader - my eyes arent that bad yet that I cant thread it myself, but this makes it faster and I dont poke myself every time on the needle haha.

And it comes with the double needles for stitching 2 rows at once (for when I do the fancy stitching on clothing for the girls!).

So far Im loving it!

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a brother for christmas and love the needle threader it makes it super easy!
Have fun with your new machine.
Jenny31978
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I love my computerized Brother! I like that the Brother machines come with so many accessories.

RutterMama
by Tia on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That's awesome!

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM

i got mine last week yours looks nothing like mine yet they are both computerized brothers my backstitch does 1 stitch then stops if i hold the button, it keeps backstitching even when it has no reason to do so i just figure its because i turned it off when i got an error message mines a project runway and ive had it for 8 days now

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I saw the project runway ones at walmart but they didnt have any boxes for them (not in stock), just the display one. This one is a 60 stitch SC6600 Brother.

Quoting mariesmama:

i got mine last week yours looks nothing like mine yet they are both computerized brothers my backstitch does 1 stitch then stops if i hold the button, it keeps backstitching even when it has no reason to do so i just figure its because i turned it off when i got an error message mines a project runway and ive had it for 8 days now

MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Awesome!! I love my Brother too. I call it Bro hahaha what up Bro or I'm going to kill you Bro lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM

WOOT! yay for a new machine! :)

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

LOL Bro that's funny! I have only heard good things about the Brother machines so I wanted to get one before I even considered any of the others. I heard Singer machines are ok but they have had problems, and Kenmore would have been my second choice since I've had one for 13 years - but Im loving this Brother machine - so smooth.

Quoting MommiE8983:

Awesome!! I love my Brother too. I call it Bro hahaha what up Bro or I'm going to kill you Bro lol

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That's awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)