Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Check out this quilt I made to sell at the craft fair, what do you ladies think?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I am pricing this quilt at $60 bc of the time and expense it took in making it, the middle squares I cut out of fabric my mother sent me that was given to her from a friend, the inside border and the outside border plus the backing material and backing set me back about $13-15.  Do you think this is a fair price considering there is this woman in town who charges $50 to make a similar quilt but she makes the person who hires her pay for all the materials?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy_Mom_of_5
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

It's pretty!  I think that sounds fair.  Considering your time, the money and if the lady in town wants 50 plus they have to buy the supplies...yeah, I think $60 is extremely fair.

good

NatalieMH
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Very nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I agree.

Quoting Crazy_Mom_of_5:

It's pretty!  I think that sounds fair.  Considering your time, the money and if the lady in town wants 50 plus they have to buy the supplies...yeah, I think $60 is extremely fair.

good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

pretty :)

bunNtheoven
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Great job! I think it's a fair price. It looks really nice!

cowgirls10181
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

love it, and the price seems reasonable. I paid 30 for a store bought one that was about that size so I would have paid 60 if it was handmade! Then it would probably still be alive, the store bought one is on the table to be fixed, and has been for 4 months and bought it 8 months ago.

PurpleSky6
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Thats really nice

kileys_mommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sew4fun
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM

That is pretty

amazontmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM

very nice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)