• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- Anyone know anything about Lemoore California?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 36 Replies
Hubby just got orders to Lemoore California but we live in Florida! Holy jeez that's on the other side of the U.S.! We just bought a house in FL so we were thinking what if I stayed here or if I should go with him and rent out our house...

Ahh it sucks because we thought they would keep him eastcoast lol guess not! Anyone live there? Any info about the area would be awesome ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

No I don't, but I'm in AZ, if you get bored, come see me ;)

bunNtheoven
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I live kind of close to Lemoore. It's a valley town. It's about 3 hours from where we live. We live in Sonora, Ca....mountain town. I've never lived there but I'm pretty sure it's a farming town. Sorry I don't have more information...look it up on google and you should be able to find out a lot about it :-)

bunNtheoven
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

It might get a lot of fog since it's down in the valley.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Oh I would love to! My heart says I should be a supporting wife and move but my head says it would make more sense to stay.. Ahh this sucks! Lol

Quoting melliburger:

No I don't, but I'm in AZ, if you get bored, come see me ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Oh thank you! I'll keep googling but sometimes hearing it from someone who lives there is better info than the web lol.

Quoting bunNtheoven:

I live kind of close to Lemoore. It's a valley town. It's about 3 hours from where we live. We live in Sonora, Ca....mountain town. I've never lived there but I'm pretty sure it's a farming town. Sorry I don't have more information...look it up on google and you should be able to find out a lot about it :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
That's where it is. I was wondering! I'm about an hour from you in the foothills. My kids go to the dentist in Sonora.

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Oh no.... I'm really sorry. I lived in Cali for 22 years (I'm 24)... And on my list of worst cities... is lemoore.

Well... They have Tachi Palace, if you're in to Gambling. There are lots of cows... And dairy farms, I believe? So it smells... Like dairy farms. Also, my friends that grew up 'on the Rez' didn't have to learn to read or write. No joke, they are 20-30 year old people, and they don't know. Anyway, maybe you'll like it, I'm sure there are good things.... And you aren't too far from nicer places...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Oh man, I'm a total jerk for saying all of that.... And I am not normally such a nay-sayer... Maybe I only saw the bad parts of the area?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
See, this is what I was looking for. Someone who will give their honest opinion and not google who makes it pretty lol.

Man that sucks :(. Well we've been wanting to go to las vegas lol so it'll be closer. I'm wondering if we could live like 45 mins away from lemoore and hubby just drive that distance every day.

Thank you again for your feed back!

Quoting CatosMa:

Oh no.... I'm really sorry. I lived in Cali for 22 years (I'm 24)... And on my list of worst cities... is lemoore.

Well... They have Tachi Palace, if you're in to Gambling. There are lots of cows... And dairy farms, I believe? So it smells... Like dairy farms. Also, my friends that grew up 'on the Rez' didn't have to learn to read or write. No joke, they are 20-30 year old people, and they don't know. Anyway, maybe you'll like it, I'm sure there are good things.... And you aren't too far from nicer places...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
No I'm very blunt myself lol so I would love honest feedback of the city. So far you are the only one to leave any info so I'll keep googling!

Quoting CatosMa:

Oh man, I'm a total jerk for saying all of that.... And I am not normally such a nay-sayer... Maybe I only saw the bad parts of the area?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)