Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think this group...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

Is responsible for the rising sewing machine sales ;)

I notice a lot of people are getting sewing machines and it's great!!!!!! So many new projects to see, so many more people being crafty :) 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billssweety
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

OH so true!!!  And the new home craft business starting up!!  I know I would not have started my business had it no been for this group!

bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

hahaha!

sew4fun
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

LOL Yes !!!!! and ribbon sales too  , lots of new bow makers too. I hold you responsible for all the new jewelry makers LOL You bit them with the bead bug LOL

melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I guess craft stores should jsut come thank this group ;) HAHAHAHAHAHA

samanthaleah84
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Haha... You may be right. Last night I was looking up new ones all because I am currently using my old machine that doesn't work right all because I can't find my power cord for the other one. Plus they are both basic machines. I also really want a serger.

I guess I should have married a doctor and not a cop, huh?! Jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I read an article that said pinterest wa responsible for rising craft store prices as this has been the highest year of craft supply sales in a long time. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

While I would agree that Pinterest may have raised craft supply purchases I would disagree with putting the responsibility for price increases on the website.  Working for a retail company I see daily what suppliers are doing to our costs and it is not just one thing that has rising prices.  In my job I see all of the inflation rates and future projections and things are not projected slow down anytime soon.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I read an article that said pinterest wa responsible for rising craft store prices as this has been the highest year of craft supply sales in a long time. Lol

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM

it is awesome people see other people bein crafty and think that doesnt look so hard

corrinacs
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I pulled out my secondhand sewing machie :) :).  I made an apron over the weekend :) :).  ANd this weekend I am making Easter presents.  I know its early, but my parents are coming by this weekend, so Ic an give it to them then and save on shipping :) :)

MissElissa21
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

bahaha! True!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)