Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
Organization help. After a extremely crap last few days I decided that I need an overhaul. I am organizing everything (mostly to keep me busy and depression at bay :), but I digress).
Fabric is everywhere. I am moving all of this stiff to a closet. So I am looking for hanging ideas? I have tried shelving, but small thing get lost. I tried those hanging shelves, but I would need so many. Would anyone suggest just stacking them up?
I need ideas pls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
diandfi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

The stack on the top left are whole bolts minus 1 or less yard. My mothers buys them for me and then washes them. Should I put them back on the cardboard bolt thing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I would put what you can back on the bolts. I think it would make it easiest to organize those. Everything else... hmmm what about some metal shelves, organize by type of fabric or color?

diandfi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I tried the cubes and they kept falling apart. I have some 5 shelve metal racks and they are too tall for the closet. I have some of the shorter 3 shelved ones, they fit, but I would need too many. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

on a blog i follow, i believe it is sew many ways she put hers wrapped around the file cabinet folders, n hung it in the filr cabinet. small pieces she put in the folder, some she cut in half to make more folders to hold the fabric.

cowgirls10181
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

sewmanyways filing fabric

diandfi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I am def going to try that for the mid sized pieces.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

sewmanyways filing fabric

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)