Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Baby food... had to share! (OT?)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Dai
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I make all of Ollie's food homemade, but the last few days the blender side of my side-by-side steamer/processor has been sounding weird, and when I'm done puree-ing, there's been a slight hairdryer-y smell in the air. Yep, the motor's going out.
Well, I didn't want to ruin the whole unit or start a fire, so I've stopped using it and WAS going to pick up a new processor while we were running errands. Long story short, Ollie got fussy at the first store and we didn't make it to Babies R Us. Instead, I stopped & grabbed some Gerber food, one container of sweet potatoes and one of green beans, both of which he has had and loves.
We got home, I warmed them up, and tried to feed him... He HATED it!!
I got him to eat about four bites of each, and with every bite, he would close his eyes and get this disgusted look, almost like he'd eaten a lemon, and after swallowing he made gagging sounds like it was just the grossest thing!
I was giggling about his being dramatic, but then he got to the point where every time I'd hold up the spoon, he'd cover his eyes and cry! =( I finally caved and let him have applesauce for dinner (homemade & organic, which he usually gets with oatmeal baby cereal for breakfast).
Poor baby only wants mama's cooking! Definitely need to get a new processor tomorrow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM

LOL Your story reminded me of sir jordan when he decided he hated baby food and needed big people food :)

Your kiddo knows what's good for him ;) lololol

DaiTilley
by Dai on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Poor thing was absolutely disgusted with me! The worst part? I HAVE a "baby bullet," new in the box, in the house... But I can't find it. I was going to give it to my friend since I was gifted the side-by-side one, and stashed it somewhere so safe that even I don't know where it is! It's cool though, I'll find it as soon as I shell out the money for another one!!

Quoting melliburger:

LOL Your story reminded me of sir jordan when he decided he hated baby food and needed big people food :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:53 PM

LOL You put it away so well! hahaha the same thing happens to me!

and yes as soon as you come home with the new thing, BAM you're gonna see the baby bullet right there... sighhhhh lol

Quoting DaiTilley:

Poor thing was absolutely disgusted with me! The worst part? I HAVE a "baby bullet," new in the box, in the house... But I can't find it. I was going to give it to my friend since I was gifted the side-by-side one, and stashed it somewhere so safe that even I don't know where it is! It's cool though, I'll find it as soon as I shell out the money for another one!!

Quoting melliburger:

AmyParent
by Amy on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Awe :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:17 AM
We did the same thing. But that was 13 years ago. My DD would not eat baby food. I had to make it all. She still will not eat applesauce out of a jar. We make it every year and can our own. She has never had store bought jelly or pickles.
DaiTilley
by Dai on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I was torn between feeling horrible for trying to feed it to him, and swelling up with pride lol

Quoting AmyParent:

Awe :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Dai on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I've just been making small amounts of applesauce at a time (equivalent of a jar!), and then freezing half and stashing half in the fridge. That's awesome with the jelly and pickles; I really need to start canning!

Quoting Jessiejack:

We did the same thing. But that was 13 years ago. My DD would not eat baby food. I had to make it all. She still will not eat applesauce out of a jar. We make it every year and can our own. She has never had store bought jelly or pickles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

what a great compliment to you! Can you exchange the one that has quit working, is it out of warranty? 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

That is awesome! I don't know why people buy baby food, it is SO easy to make and you can save hundreds of dollars just using a blender to purree foods.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Aww how cute! I feel bad now cause I always bought gerber baby food. Lol it's ok though, I worked at least 90 hours every two weeks and was just so exhausted when she was a baby.

I always said if I had another, I'm going to breastfeed, clothe diaper and make my own baby food. But we're done having kids so I was a little sad but I love it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)