Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scrapbooking?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was just wondering how many of you are scrapbookers??  If you do scrapbook, where do you get your ideas for page layouts??  I love scrapbooking and cardmaking. Now that I have a little girl I want to make even more wonderful scrapbooking designs! I need ideas!!

Thanks ladies! 

Btw I LOVE this group! Everyone is so artsy! Its awesome!

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parkerkamismom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Scrapbook ETC has a ton of sketches, pagemaps.com also.

It's so nice to see other scrapbookers/card makers in here - we are few and far between.  lol

parkerkamismom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

You can also find a LOT of inspiration on Youtube.

check out mybutterflykisses12 and scrappinjen31 (creativecricutdesign.blogspot.com)

Both of those girls on youtube have beautiful scrapbook layouts and they completely opposite each other.

Chelsea_rh
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting parkerkamismom:

check out mybutterflykisses12 and scrappinjen31 (creativecricutdesign.blogspot.com)

Both of those girls on youtube have beautiful scrapbook layouts and they completely opposite each other.

thank you so much!  Also where do you buy most of your supplies? I just get mine from joanns and michaels.  i wish we had a store that was structly scrapbooking. lol

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I used to scrapbook, but I just kinda went with it and did random things... :)

parkerkamismom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM

You're welcome!

I get my supplies at Michael's, Joann's, Archiver's and Walmart.

If you're an on-line shopper, you can find awesome stuff at

customcrops.com

archiversannex.com

ohmycrafts.com

twopeasinabucket.com

scrapbuck.com

allthatscraps.com

peachycheap.com

blitzy.com (but you have to be a member, I am not)

Quoting Chelsea_rh:

Quoting parkerkamismom:

thank you so much!  Also where do you buy most of your supplies? I just get mine from joanns and michaels.  i wish we had a store that was structly scrapbooking. lol

dancing_girldancer

Balancing
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Hey there!  I scrapbook - It has been awhile since I drug everything out to make a mess.  I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago so things have now progressed where I feel like I naturally "just know" different styles templates.  When I started I used example books from Stampin' Up and Close to my Heart - Creative Memories has a fresher look now than what they did WAY back when.  I would use their idea catalogs.  I also check out books from my local library to learn techniques/tricks.  I really like the book "joy of scrapbooking"

I a mixed bag when it comes to supplies.  I am a stampin' up snob when it comes to inks/stamps but I use Hobby Lobby/Michaels/JoAnns for paper supplies, jolees, tape runner.  I shop at Big lots from time to time bcause they have clearanced out national brands.

Chelsea_rh
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Yea I have found things at big lots too! I have a ton of paper and a cricut machine as well. I wish I had more time to use everything. Lol I actually never thought about checking what the library had. I'll have to do that.

Quoting Balancing:

Hey there!  I scrapbook - It has been awhile since I drug everything out to make a mess.  I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago so things have now progressed where I feel like I naturally "just know" different styles templates.  When I started I used example books from Stampin' Up and Close to my Heart - Creative Memories has a fresher look now than what they did WAY back when.  I would use their idea catalogs.  I also check out books from my local library to learn techniques/tricks.  I really like the book "joy of scrapbooking"

I a mixed bag when it comes to supplies.  I am a stampin' up snob when it comes to inks/stamps but I use Hobby Lobby/Michaels/JoAnns for paper supplies, jolees, tape runner.  I shop at Big lots from time to time bcause they have clearanced out national brands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Im working on a wedding scrapbook... but I went the easy route and got a kit :)

Chelsea_rh
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Lol sometimes I am tempted to get those but I figure I can make everything that is in it with my machine.

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

LOL I don't have a cricut or anything so the kit works perfectly for me :) speaking of which... I only have one page done... I should get to work on it! LOL

Quoting Chelsea_rh:

Lol sometimes I am tempted to get those but I figure I can make everything that is in it with my machine.

Quoting melliburger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)