Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time to make a couple jewelry sets!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 25 Replies

My son's father and I are getting married and having a very small ceremony.  It is going ot be very small.  We will have a ring bearer (DS3) and a flower girl (a friend's 2 yo) they will mostly be dressed cute and for pictures.  We will also be having a best man (SO's best friend and cousin) and a matron of honor (the 2 yo's mom).

We will all be dressed nice the kids will be wearing more traditional outfits (a dressy dress and my son will have on a suit), I will have a dress, and my MOH will also have a nice dress on.  My SO and his cousin will be wearing dressy clothes (possibly suits).

Now my delima is that I want to make Sadie (MOH) and Kinley (flower girl) their jewelry as their thank you gift.  I am not entirely sure what to make.  I have made jewelry previously and I know that I want to do that but I am not sure what to do.

What do yall suggest? Our wedding colors are deep purple and green (I am thinking a medium or lighter shade of green).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OkieMom2673
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Sounds good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Necklace, bracelet and rings?

Or if you do wire work you could try to handmake their tiaras?

Or just a simple necklace too?

Good luck and yay for a wedding! Congrats :)

cmkahn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Pearls? You can get glass pearls, much cheaper! I did 3 weddings last summer and 2 of the brides chose pearls with long ribbons as the closure in coordinating wedding colors. Let me see if I can dig up a pic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree, glass pearls are a very good and cheap alternative to other pearls! Michaels was having a sale on long strands of glass pearls! Gorgeous colors too!

Quoting cmkahn:

Pearls? You can get glass pearls, much cheaper! I did 3 weddings last summer and 2 of the brides chose pearls with long ribbons as the closure in coordinating wedding colors. Let me see if I can dig up a pic.

cmkahn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Wedding

Not the best pic but it was what I was able to get to show that bride that day! Lol! For the bracelet you can either have it tied with the ribbon or make it on stretch cord and make a bow with the ribbon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting melliburger:

I have not yet attempted wire work...Mostly all I have done is make dangle disc earings and restringing of beads and such for bracelets and necklaces...I am wanting to expand and try more things tho.

cmkahn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Handmade tiara's are soooo cute! Or beaded barrette's.

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmkahn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
One word YouTube! Haha! (I know it's technically 2 but ya know?!)
And CONGRATS!!

Quoting MissMia22:

Quoting melliburger:

I have not yet attempted wire work...Mostly all I have done is make dangle disc earings and restringing of beads and such for bracelets and necklaces...I am wanting to expand and try more things tho.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I love doing pearls :) I made myself a bracelet and I am in the process of doing matching dangle earings :)

Quoting cmkahn:

Wedding

Not the best pic but it was what I was able to get to show that bride that day! Lol! For the bracelet you can either have it tied with the ribbon or make it on stretch cord and make a bow with the ribbon.

cmkahn
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hobby lobby has them also. I think they are like $2.99 for about 50 8mm pearls and every other week they are half off! Depending on the size of the piece you would need 1-2 packs per person and have leftovers.

Quoting melliburger:

I agree, glass pearls are a very good and cheap alternative to other pearls! Michaels was having a sale on long strands of glass pearls! Gorgeous colors too!

Quoting cmkahn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)