Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

making things for baby

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 33 Replies

We find out wed if it's a boy or a girl. I want to make as much as possible for baby! So I need ideas from you gals as to what I can do. I DO NOT have a sewing machine. I can stitch by hand though.

So what can I make that will be useful for the baby. Or pretty decorations maybe.

If  a girl -theme that has something to do w/ butterflys (her name will be Zoey Isabella)

If a boy - theme that has something to do with motorcycles (his name will be Harley Danial)

So please please please give me ideas, and directions if I can't look at a pic and figure it out. I'm crafty w/ a lot of mediums, and pretty much creative.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

You can get 5 yards of jersey knit fabric, and voila - a baby wrap. :) You can either fold over and hem the edges, or leave them raw.

Can you knit, crochet, or any of that? What about making a scrap book for them. Is it your baby or someone else's?

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

You can paint wall decor, spray paint a lamp base in a  pretty color and redo a shade for the room, paint the wooden letters for the room, make a braided rug....

nonnahsregah40
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM

baby bibs and burp cloth sets

things4us5
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM

It's our baby. It's our last baby, but our first biologically together child (we both have kids from previous marriages).

I can not knit or crochet. I can hand stitch lol.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

You can get 5 yards of jersey knit fabric, and voila - a baby wrap. :) You can either fold over and hem the edges, or leave them raw.

Can you knit, crochet, or any of that? What about making a scrap book for them. Is it your baby or someone else's?

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Congrats, then! :) What about tie dying onesies or using paint pens on them?

Quoting things4us5:

It's our baby. It's our last baby, but our first biologically together child (we both have kids from previous marriages).

I can not knit or crochet. I can hand stitch lol.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

things4us5
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I can do that. great ideas, keep em coming

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM

bibs, taggies, taggie toys, a stuffies, pillows (for later use), taggie pillows, burp cloths, swaddle blankets... blankets

things4us5
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have other children, but for the life of me I can't think of what in the world a taggie is....

Quoting melliburger:

bibs, taggies, taggie toys, a stuffies, pillows (for later use), taggie pillows, burp cloths, swaddle blankets... blankets

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

It is a smaller blanket with ribbons (aka tags) all around hte sides. It's a comfort and texture item for babies. My son LOVES his taggie blanket, carries it all over the place. http://www.ehow.com/about_6563471_tag-blanket_.html

Quoting things4us5:

I have other children, but for the life of me I can't think of what in the world a taggie is....

Quoting melliburger:

things4us5
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM

oh ok, I think I'll pass on the taggies. No sewing machine equals hours and hours of work for one blanket, plus the constant fear that my stitches won't be strong enough to withstand all the pulling and sucking on the 'taggies'.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)