Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Did my first real craft fair this weekend. AND.......

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

We came home with TWO DOGS ! LOL They had a pet adoption and pet show( it was really a neat idea, they had all the dogs up for adoption all dressed up in their best (bandanas,bows etc..) and put them in the show) Well we have been looking for ONE small dog for the girls because Daisy ( our wienie dog) is pretty old and is getting snippy when the girls try to play with her( but is fine if they do not try to play). Hubby adopted Sophie a pretty little dog , the girls were so proud and happy about her! Well about 2 or 3 hours later the lady from the adoption center comes to my booth ( on the other side of the fair grounds) and BEGS us to adopt Sophies friend, she said they were found together and have been roomies since they have been in the shelter and he was sad and crying. I told her I really could not afford another fee and really were not sure about TWO dogs . She continues to tell me how sad she is and says she will pay the adoption fee if we would take him. About 30 mins later we load King and Sophie into our van. They are both great dogs, it will just take some getting used to .. But I feel great that my girls ( and us) were able to help out these little dogs and give them a loving home.

As for the craft show/fair itself.. I really did not do that well but I did learn alot. I think part of the reason I did not sell is that not only were there a million and one vendors with the same type stuff I had but I was deep in one isle and all the others were at the ends of the rows where there was the most traffic. I met alot of great people, and made some crafting buddies in the process too.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great that you saved two pooches! Can we see a pic?? And I am glad you made crafting buddies at the show. At shows I got around ang get business cards, and go home and like everyone on FB with my page and post to their wall, and usually we share each other's pages and it's good promotion! Good luck with your next one!

Jennifair
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Awww How sweet. Do you get to see the new additions? 

Sorry the show didn't go all that great. But if you learned some things perhaps the next show will be better. =) 

MommaChelleB
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Awww that's great that you rescued them both! Yes, we want pics ;-)

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Sama2Mamma
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM

congrats on your two new family members. sorry the show was not as profitable as you would have liked but its great to learn from each experience to make the next one even better.

sew4fun
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I took pics for you ladies that I will post a little later when I get on my computer ( I am using hubbies right now) . I am not too bummed about the show, I did learn alot and meet some great people.

barbb60
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Hope the dogs are adjusting to you and your family. Also hope the same for the family adjusting to the dogs... All you learned at the craft show will be helpful at the next.
MamaSulli2005
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Yeah for two new family members! I have a craft show this coming weekend and I'm super nervous because it's in a small town where I know no one so I doubt I'll get much profits, however it will still be fun and I'll be the only one there with my items.

MissElissa21
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM

That's great about the dogs, sorry about the booth space, hopefully you at least learned some things about shows and can use it to your advantage next time. Are we going to get to see the doggies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN