• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED help!! Someone who can do this for us???

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

So my sister's getting married in August. She is NOT the typical bride by ANY stretch of the imagination! Well... she just came across this... and LOVES it.

Now... I will make the tutu for them. Is there anyone here who can do something similar on toddler size shirts? She wants purple shirts, - Silver wording. They don't have to be exactly like this, but similar. Even embroidered is ok. The tutu will be apple green when I do them. We need 2 of them. And we are on a BUDGET. I'd even be up for barter if someone is willing!

I know we will need a 2 or 3T for one of them and likely a 18 or 24 months for the other.

HELP please!!

Join Us For A Great Time In
The Smarter Living Group
& the Craft Cafe!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sayres
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003FNHXKO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

How about purchasing an iron-on like the one above and do it yourself?
Sorry I can't make the link clicky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I can't help sorry :( I know a few ladies have embroidery machines or will know how to do that!

Binkxo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

BUMP!

RutterMama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Thanks for the bumps!

bunNtheoven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Instead of embroidery why don't you use those little gems they sell in the section where t-shirts & iron ons are? They have lots of different colors (JoAnn's) and it looks like it wouldn't be too hard at all to do that. The shirts can be purchased @ walmart for cheap...do the shirts need to be sewn onto the tutu's?

bunNtheoven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

The pattern can be drawn onto the shirt with pencil, very lightly, then add the gems to it. :-) I found some gems on JoAnn's website for 1,000 gems for 5.49. (one color) 72 gems for 1.99. Hope this helps!!

RutterMama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

That's a great idea! Our only delima is that these are going on toddlers... I don't want them to pick them off and swallow them. Not to mention they are time consuming and my sister isn't GREAT at figuring out all of that... I'm already swamped with my other commitments and making the tutus.

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Instead of embroidery why don't you use those little gems they sell in the section where t-shirts & iron ons are? They have lots of different colors (JoAnn's) and it looks like it wouldn't be too hard at all to do that. The shirts can be purchased @ walmart for cheap...do the shirts need to be sewn onto the tutu's?

Join Us For A Great Time In
The Smarter Living Group
& the Craft Cafe!

bearspea
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I think an iron-on is the easiest way to do it. If she's looking for a little sparkle, you can get iron on gems that are REALLY hard for kids to take off. I made a tee for a friend & it's been through the wash at least 10 times. All the gems are still on there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenny31978
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Another budget friendly idea, could you buy glittery/sparkle puffy paint, print out the letters & flower & use those as stencils to get a similar look? Otherwise, I'd say get the iron-on. :)

MommaChelleB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

You get the full iron on - not the seperate little gems - so all you would do is place it, iron it, and done. They even have the little shirts at hobby lobby. It wouldnt be time consuming at all, as long as you can find what you need in the iron ons.

Quoting RutterMama:

That's a great idea! Our only delima is that these are going on toddlers... I don't want them to pick them off and swallow them. Not to mention they are time consuming and my sister isn't GREAT at figuring out all of that... I'm already swamped with my other commitments and making the tutus.

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)