Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you curve the need to decorate lol

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

seriously!

ok so we started off in my moms house, got our own apartment at 18 then bought a trailer at 19, now almost 3yrs later still here. its just a stepping stone for us. once hubs gets his second raise we will be buying a house so really theres no need to buy things for this place but im always like "ick its all ugly and ..non pretty" lol but alot of the things we do here may not look good or fit in th enew house ....so i keep slapping myself everytime i start trying to plan on stuff to buy for this place :P help!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britniwheeler
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Omg, I have the same problem! Our house WAS worth $138,000... then the housing crash. We are going to lose out on money regardless, so I see no point in putting more money it to it. If you find out how to stop the erge let me in on the secret!!! LOL

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I wouldn't be able to stop it! I am always decorating and rearranging:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM

It was rough but somehow I stopped myself! Now we've moved into our house so I can decorate! lol I hope you guys can get a house soon!!!

RutterMama
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

PINTEREST!!! There are SO many things you can do with little or no money!!

KER81
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I have a family room that we eventually want to re-build with a second story on top, but that's still several years away.  In the meantime, I plan to paint, breathe new life into the plain blue curtains, and create my own artwork for the walls.

SimplyErathy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

its not so much a issue of money but theres no point in putting money into it if were just going to move ya know. and we plan to start looking by the end of this year. we will sell this for abotu $15,000.00 we bought it for $22,000.00 but it has its share of issues that trailers just get with time and bad weather.

Quoting RutterMama:

PINTEREST!!! There are SO many things you can do with little or no money!!

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Why not just make or buy things you love? Of you love things, they will go in your new home with no issue. A home should be filled with what you love, not a show room. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mschrissy007
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Why not just make or buy things you love? Of you love things, they will go in your new home with no issue. A home should be filled with what you love, not a show room. :)

family in the vanGOD BLESS

sew4fun
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

What I did when I was in a similar situation was.... I only bought pieces that I knew I would want to take with me no matter what the house was going to look like ( so I bought a new bedroom suit) then I redecorated things I already had . I repainted wood, made slip covers, new curtins, wall hangings , put up new paint ( that I bought off the clearance section at habitat for humanity store) ) things like that . There are TONS of things you can do for little or no money that will make a world of difference. And who knows you may end up taking somethings with you when you get a house after you revamp them a little :)

aldmom0408
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM
It's easy for me , I suck at decorating.... I am a clothes hog. I can decorate myself and my kiddo's all day but a room? Nope!!! My house is so ridiculously plain. I don't have one pic on the the walls well, except for the kids rooms. Goodluck!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)