Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, How does a Pay Pal account work..

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you have one, If you advertise to pay by PAY PAL Account. What would the customer do? I have a pay pal account but thats about it. Need to understand how it works.. For instance on fb, if someone wants to buy something, whats the next step with the pay pal account.. Hope I am explaining clearly..

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Paypal is a wireless way for people to pay and receive money online. If someone wants to buy from your facebook you can ask for their paypal email. THen send them an invoice which they will have to pay. Once they pay ou will receive a notification (usually an email from PayPal) stating that they paid it to you adn it is now in your paypal account. You can transfer money to and from your bank account.

here is their direct link

https://www.paypal-media.com/about

they also have a very good FAQ section and once you get used to Paypal it is super easy to use.

If you set up a storenvy, it will automatically have the person pay you and you do not have to do anything but check your account ot make sure it is htere. This is why I highly recommend you open a store and not just use facebook to sell. Selling on there requires so many more things and may make it more confusing for your buyers

good luck! :)

sreichelt26
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:55 PM

what melliburger said. I've never use it as a seller, but I just bought something on FB and they asked for my paypal email and sent me an invoice.

I've sent money to a friend once too, and just needed her email.

eFreak23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I have a paypal account and have 2 items that were paid for, but never became available to me.  This was months ago.  I was in contact with paypal, twice.  The first time they contacted me and said they would look into it...  never heard from them again.  I contacted them a second time and they didn't even bother to respond that time. 

Basically, I didn't get paid for selling 2 items.  Not sure what else to do, if anyone has any suggestions....

I will say, it is the only time I have had a problem with them, but it is very annoying.

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You guys are awesome, thank you so much for the pay pal link and the general info..

Quoting melliburger:

Paypal is a wireless way for people to pay and receive money online. If someone wants to buy from your facebook you can ask for their paypal email. THen send them an invoice which they will have to pay. Once they pay ou will receive a notification (usually an email from PayPal) stating that they paid it to you adn it is now in your paypal account. You can transfer money to and from your bank account.

they also have a very good FAQ section and once you get used to Paypal it is super easy to use.

If you set up a storenvy, it will automatically have the person pay you and you do not have to do anything but check your account ot make sure it is htere. This is why I highly recommend you open a store and not just use facebook to sell. Selling on there requires so many more things and may make it more confusing for your buyers

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Thank You!

Quoting sreichelt26:

what melliburger said. I've never use it as a seller, but I just bought something on FB and they asked for my paypal email and sent me an invoice.

I've sent money to a friend once too, and just needed her email.

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Oh how horrible.  I hope some good luck comes to you and the money shows up in your account..

Quoting eFreak23:

I have a paypal account and have 2 items that were paid for, but never became available to me.  This was months ago.  I was in contact with paypal, twice.  The first time they contacted me and said they would look into it...  never heard from them again.  I contacted them a second time and they didn't even bother to respond that time. 

Basically, I didn't get paid for selling 2 items.  Not sure what else to do, if anyone has any suggestions....

I will say, it is the only time I have had a problem with them, but it is very annoying.

eFreak23
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  :-)

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Oh how horrible.  I hope some good luck comes to you and the money shows up in your account..

Quoting eFreak23:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My husband said it was either him or scrapbooking, so I took pictures of him packing........... and made a really cute page!!
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM

No problem :) Always happy to help!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

You guys are awesome, thank you so much for the pay pal link and the general info..

Quoting melliburger:

cmkahn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM
You can also get a debit card from PayPal to use instead of transferring to your bank account. I love mine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Everything Melli said!!

I've had my same PP account for 11 years with NO problems. The issues that may have come up when I am on the phone they are very quick to resolve whatever it may be. LOVE my account!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)