Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

TGIF! What you doing? Anyone Crafting?

Hey guys!!!! Happy happy happy Friday! What's up? Are you excited for the weekend? Any plans for today? Working? Cleaning? Crafting? Park playdates? How's the weather? Let's chat!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (111-120):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I get it at Hyvee! I'm not sure where else sells it. But it is sooooooo good!
Quoting bunNtheoven:

Oooooh Almond Joy creamer??? Where do you get it? I let myself indulge when it comes to coffee creamers :-) Since I only have 1 cup a day.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Ah, I have 2-3 cups in the morning. I love coffee. Almond Joy creamer=bliss.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I have one cup in the AM. Keeps my eyes open but that's about it LOL. I breastfeed so I can't have too much

Quoting melliburger:

I hope you can get some rest or find some energy! Does coffee help? :)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Resting for most of today. I have 3 custom orders to do... But I'm exhausted lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM
The sock hop does sound like it was fun! Did you or anyone you know win?

Quoting 0Kit0:

It was for the middle school (grades 4-6) but it was a family event so everyone was there. My girls are 10 and 8 and my son is 5. They had a blast and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Free pizza, beverages, popcorn, slushies and ice cream floats. Hula Hoop, limbo, The Twist and costume contests. A photo booth, I wasn't too fond of it, each kid had to pay $1 to get in and you didn't really see their faces b/c they were too short, but they had a ton of fun TRYING to get the photos done! Then they raffled off 26 items, they were pretty good to be honest.

I'm mixing the aloe into shea butter (raw) and some oils.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Sock hop sounds fun! How old is she? :) What are you mixing the aloe into?

Quoting 0Kit0:

Maybe some cleaning. A little mixing, have some aloe I cut from a leaf that I need to mix. A dermatologist appointment today, sock hop at my daughters school. And hopefully some rest. It's cold outside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmkahn
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hmmmm...not sure. I'll have to check and let you know!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Oh, how fun! Are they archived online anywhere?

Quoting cmkahn:

Just once. My kids are frequent guests! ;-)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

That is SO cool!!!! Have you ever been on it?

Quoting cmkahn:

It's called Ascension Outdoors. We live in Louisiana and, of course, we have parishes instead of counties and Ascension is the parish we live in. It's a hunting a fishing show that actually shows in about 4-5 parishes.

Quoting melliburger:

Have fun fishing!!!! what show does your stepdad have?

Quoting cmkahn:

It's fishing for us today!! My stepdad wants to bring the kids noodle fishing and I'll be filming it for his TV show! I don't know the whole concept but I think you take the noodles from a pool and cut them and attach fishing string, a hook and bait then set them out. Later this evening we will go back out and check the lines. The kids are ├╝ber excited to get to go boat riding! ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smile357
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I'm starting a new crocheting project. I've just started to crochet again after about 4 years. Does anybody have any good suggestions? That and I'll be practicing GIMP.

bunNtheoven
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Never heard of Hyvee. We have Savemart, Safeway and walmart. And other small grocery stores that are individually owned. I'll be looking for it next time we need creamer! My husband just bought peppermint mocha and i"m so burnt out on that flavor lol

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Oooooh Almond Joy creamer??? Where do you get it? I let myself indulge when it comes to coffee creamers :-) Since I only have 1 cup a day.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I have one cup in the AM. Keeps my eyes open but that's about it LOL. I breastfeed so I can't have too much

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Resting for most of today. I have 3 custom orders to do... But I'm exhausted lol

0Kit0
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM

No, but there were so many people there. That was one part the kids didn't like, but it's a good lesson to learn.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

The sock hop does sound like it was fun! Did you or anyone you know win?

Quoting 0Kit0:

It was for the middle school (grades 4-6) but it was a family event so everyone was there. My girls are 10 and 8 and my son is 5. They had a blast and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Free pizza, beverages, popcorn, slushies and ice cream floats. Hula Hoop, limbo, The Twist and costume contests. A photo booth, I wasn't too fond of it, each kid had to pay $1 to get in and you didn't really see their faces b/c they were too short, but they had a ton of fun TRYING to get the photos done! Then they raffled off 26 items, they were pretty good to be honest.

I'm mixing the aloe into shea butter (raw) and some oils.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Sock hop sounds fun! How old is she? :) What are you mixing the aloe into?

Quoting 0Kit0:

Maybe some cleaning. A little mixing, have some aloe I cut from a leaf that I need to mix. A dermatologist appointment today, sock hop at my daughters school. And hopefully some rest. It's cold outside.

angelbr
by Melissa on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM

thanks! didnt get as much done today as i wanted but some is better than none! :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Oh, that's not too bad! Hope the move goes smoothly and she loves her new place!

Quoting angelbr:

she is just moving about a mile from where she lives now.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Yay for figuring out the long loom! Where is your mom moving to?

Quoting angelbr:

i think i some what figured out the long loom lol. But today i have to go help my mom pack some more she will be moving in about a week. Hopefully we can get the rest of it done today i am gonna go get a plastic tote so can put my yarn and looms in it to get little more organized lol. All i have planned it a scentsy party fundraiser for relay for life. Really want to get some yard work done too but that depends on the weather.

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I worked on a few crocheted hats, did some cleaning (but not enough!) and prepared for tomorrow's 4:30 am wake up to go yard saling with my daughter, mother and grandparents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM
walmart may have it! :)

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Never heard of Hyvee. We have Savemart, Safeway and walmart. And other small grocery stores that are individually owned. I'll be looking for it next time we need creamer! My husband just bought peppermint mocha and i"m so burnt out on that flavor lol

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I'm always cleaning!  I'm always doing laundry...but at night I sit down and cross stitch.  I'm in Wisconsin and it's still nippy out, so I'm not spending much time outside.  Playdates....no, wish I could but my boys are 24 and 25. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)