Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Post Your Finished Weekend Crafts Here!!

Hey! I thought it would be pretty cool if we all posted our completed weeken crafts in one spot in case any posts go missed in the regular hub bub. So if you'd like to show your awesomeness off again post a pic here! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM
They are 2feer tall (not counting feet) and about 18 wide, and their tummies expand to hold pretty much a full load of laundry, 18 hats and scarves and lots of gloves, or about 6-7 build a bears. :)

Quoting melliburger:

How big is the orange mon-stor? I like the inside patterN :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I got some in Saturday, and here are those! :) I am working on more Mon-stors today, too! :D One is a super special one! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM
**feet tall
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Cool! I was just wondering :) For some reason i thought the mon-stors were different sizes :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

They are 2feer tall (not counting feet) and about 18 wide, and their tummies expand to hold pretty much a full load of laundry, 18 hats and scarves and lots of gloves, or about 6-7 build a bears. :)

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I got some in Saturday, and here are those! :) I am working on more Mon-stors today, too! :D One is a super special one! :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Here are big and small Mon-stors but the basic size is all the same. :)

Quoting melliburger:

Cool! I was just wondering :) For some reason i thought the mon-stors were different sizes :)

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bookmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Darnit..it's still just a tad too small. Thanks though!

Quoting BooChura:

Okay, that is so fixable.  Turn inside out again.  Trim the batting right up to the stitching. That will take the extra puff out of seams.  If your Fire fits while it inside out, then it should fit once you reverse.  Good luck.

Quoting bookmommy:

Made my first Kindle pouch..didn't really turn out. I used regular polyester batting instead of felt fusible and I think it poofed up the seams too much..so, my Fire doesn't fit. Instead of being 7.5 x 4.7, it's 7 x 4.5" ah well,  live and learn..

bookmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Thanks! Yeah, now that I know what I'm doing I'm going to try another one. I have tons of pretty fabrics-iridescent silks, brocades, satins..I'm also not going to use velcro next time..I just think it looks icky.

I don't have any felt fusible tho so I may just use regular felt this time.

Quoting melliburger:

It still looks nice! Are you going to make another one?

Quoting bookmommy:

Made my first Kindle pouch..didn't really turn out. I used regular polyester batting instead of felt fusible and I think it poofed up the seams too much..so, my Fire doesn't fit. Instead of being 7.5 x 4.7, it's 7 x 4.5" ah well,  live and learn..

bookmommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I love those..way cute. If my son was smaller, I'd have bought him one. He loved Monsters Inc.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Anniea90
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I finished this one a couple days ago. I think its ok. *shrugs* I need more cool summer clothes to just bob around town in running errands. Got the fabric half off :) I'll post a pic of the fabric since you cant see it well in my pic. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Boo! Good luck with the next one!

Quoting bookmommy:

Darnit..it's still just a tad too small. Thanks though!

Quoting BooChura:

Okay, that is so fixable.  Turn inside out again.  Trim the batting right up to the stitching. That will take the extra puff out of seams.  If your Fire fits while it inside out, then it should fit once you reverse.  Good luck.

Quoting bookmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Pretty!!!!! that looks like a fun summery print :)

Quoting Anniea90:

I finished this one a couple days ago. I think its ok. *shrugs* I need more cool summer clothes to just bob around town in running errands. Got the fabric half off :) I'll post a pic of the fabric since you cant see it well in my pic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN