Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

May Musings - Random Chat with a Challenge -6,500 posts by May 31st

Posted by   + Show Post

Good Morning and Happy May.  

I decided to add a little challenge to the Random Chat post this month. We did this before and it was kind of fun so since we had not done it for a few months I thought I would try it again.

This post is for you to share anything you want - quotes, rants, news of your day. You can use it to up your rank so you get a different color gem by your name. Just no bumping.

When we reach the goal I set I will update the post with a new challenge. I thought I would start out low and see how fast we can reach it. 

Happy posting.

****Final Goal****

So for the final goal I thought we would go big :) - 6,500 total posts by May 31st. So that is 1,500 post before Thursday. I know we can do it.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Replies (61-70):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Sure! Ill take em off your hands for a bit! Lol

Quoting kikyo1:

Any one want two little girls????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Getting ready for bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I didn't sleep well last night and woke up early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Tucking in early for much needed rest. Just waiting on G to get out of the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Cant wait to see it!

Quoting whitleypittman:

Finished a pony. This one has the most personality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I am an awesome sister!

I am sitting here gathering all the addresses for my brother for his graduation announcements. I think I deserve at least 10% of the graduation money that he receives.... hahaha

mommytohuddy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:38 PM

AND.... I spent ALL day looking for the April post. Couldn';t figure out why I could not find it..............................

mommytohuddy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Blah. And work.

I have to go in early tomorrow and probably every day for the next week. We are so slammed and this new system is struggling. My boss said he would rather we come in early than stay late. Which works better for me anyways.

jryberg
by Jaime on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Happy May Day :) 

Quoting mommytohuddy:

AND.... I spent ALL day looking for the April post. Couldn';t figure out why I could not find it..............................

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Lol!! I love that you weren't taking any chances! I wish I could have breast fed G. I did for three weeks full time but I had to go back to work. I pumped but I couldn't pump often enough to keep my supply up. :(

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ahhh I'm sorry mama, I was upset with my first then when my second did the same thing I lost it! I felt like such a failure. When my 3rd quit nursing I was pissed till I found out why. I took fenugreek too with #4, I wasn't taking ANY chances LOL!

Quoting DaiTilley:

Wow! That's awesome that you were able to nurse #4 that long though!

I had a really hard time with it when I couldn't nurse anymore. I caught the flu, and my milk all but disappeared, and just wouldn't come back, even with fenugreek, a weekend in bed with the baby nursing on demand... And I kept trying too long; when we went for his four-month wc appointment, Ollie had actually LOST a full pound since his two-month visit, and was in the malnourished bracket <|3

Added formula, and he has slept through the night since and is up to a healthy weight (with those chubbly baby cheeks finally!).

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ahhh that stinks! With My first two my milk dried up by 3 months, with #3 I had plenty of milk but I got pregnant with #4 when he was 3 1/2 months and my milk soured and he refused to nurse :( now with #4 he nursed till 18 months when he decided he was done.

Quoting DaiTilley:

We looked into those, and actually started out with him swaddled, in a Moses basket, and then on top of our comforter between us! Once he was able to get out of the swaddle, we had him in a bassinet by the side of the bed, and then once he started sleeping through the night, he went into his nursery so Dad's coming and going (weird work schedule) wouldn't wake him up!

I was only able to breastfeed until he was four months old =(

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ohhh OK, ya I was scared to Co sleep but since I was bf I looked in to it and found this thing at target, its a little bed that is for baby that lays between you and dad and it keeps the baby from being rolled over on. Its was sooooo great, it even had a little night light at the head of it. It was great for travel too!

Quoting DaiTilley:

Only 7 1/2 months =)

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ty :)

Ahhh how old is your lo?

Quoting DaiTilley:

Awh I'm glad he's feeling better! And I keep telling hubby that I can't wait 'til Ollie's big enough to snuggle in our bed! I sleep too soundly and roll too much for co-sleeping =(

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting C_Medlin:

Oh no... Hope the little one starts to feel better soon.....

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

The baby (5 years old) woke me up this morning with an ear ache at 1 am. Poor kid was up till 4:30 till the drops and tylenol kicked in. Were now snuggling in the big bed together :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN