Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wall Colors!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

What color is on your child's wall?  We like color and on't mind using it in the bedrooms and bathrooms.  :D  Do you like color or are you more of a nutral/natural style????

We are currently expecting brother in July.  We are doing his room in a retro-rod theme.  Hotrods and tin signs and such.  We are 'car people'!  I had my SIL make his bedding from fabric I bought.  I still have to make pillows and my rocking chair cushions.  His wall color is called "Orange Peel".  We painted the trim black and have black covers on the outlets.  Hubby is finishing up the shelves for the bookcases now.

Our daughter's room (age 3.5yr) is purplish-pink ("Sugar Plum") with pink trim and white wanescoating.  She picked out her own colors.  :D  It definitely is HER!  Daddy also built her bookcases!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

They're ok colors!

knagsmom
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

great colors

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them! My room is turquoise! My studio is yellow. My son's room is white right now. :)

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My house is mostly a pale yellow, with the kids' rooms a shade darker. Then my room is pale blue. And my play room is red with white wainscoating all around. I love it! I usually take a color I like and use the lightest version so I don't feel overwhelmed after it's been on for a while.

my4kidsrock2
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My girls share a room at the monent, but we let my oldest daughter pick the colors. She chose dark purple and light purple. Her room is HUGE so she was able to get away with a darker color even though she doesn't have a lot of windows.

My son, who will be 13 next week wanted to paint his room pink but he thought that his friends would make fun of him if he did, so he went with the brightest green he could find. We are still planning to paint all of his trim black over the summer:

And before my oldest moved out her half painted his room a light blue. He never completely finished it. But it will soon be Angelia's room and she wants it pink and purple anyways  :)

Personally I love color and my house would look like a rainbow threw up all over the place if I had my way, but hubby like blue and light blue :/

britniwheeler
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are awesome colors, very bright! Not the same taste as my house though. I am pretty beige and boring. Every room is a neutral. My bedroom is the most colorful room in the house and it is still nature inspired. It is like a dark teal color. 

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
DD's room is a greenish teal green right now. It'll probably stay that way as pink looks really cute on it. Her nursery is cream and blue.

I love that not a single room in this house is painted boring white!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM
I like some color, my kitchen is sunshine yellow, 1 batroom is a blue, spare bedroom is blue I have a marroon wall in the dining room but everything else is neutral colors, beiges/ tans. My dd's room is called Pony Tail her room is horse themed. My. Bedroom is still primer white can't decide what I want to do with it even after 7 yrs of living here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunNtheoven
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Nice bright colors! Our daughter's room is pink with white trim. She LOVES pink! We painted downstairs a neutral beige color with white trim, and part of our dining room & kitchen is a pretty green. I love the way our colors turned out. I attempted to paint one wall in our bedroom a pretty silvery blue color, but ran out of paint! So we'll have to finish that sometime...We totally re-painted & changed fixtures in the front bathroom, it had floor to ceiling wall paper, and it's a small bathroom! We painted it the same green our kitchen is. here are a few pics. We stopped painting after we finished the upstairs hallway & our daughter's room because my husband lost his job & we are behind on payments, . . .we know we're going to move, so no more upgrades. . .

this color is called Bourbon I think.

We painted the edges of the counters green because they were an awful hunter green when we bought it. The walls were too! The more i look @ before & after pics,..the more I'm going to miss this place...

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I love color and can't wait till I have a house I can paint! I'm so tired of all the white walls in my apartment!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)