Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What color is on your child's wall?  We like color and on't mind using it in the bedrooms and bathrooms.  :D  Do you like color or are you more of a nutral/natural style????

We are currently expecting brother in July.  We are doing his room in a retro-rod theme.  Hotrods and tin signs and such.  We are 'car people'!  I had my SIL make his bedding from fabric I bought.  I still have to make pillows and my rocking chair cushions.  His wall color is called "Orange Peel".  We painted the trim black and have black covers on the outlets.  Hubby is finishing up the shelves for the bookcases now.

Our daughter's room (age 3.5yr) is purplish-pink ("Sugar Plum") with pink trim and white wanescoating.  She picked out her own colors.  :D  It definitely is HER!  Daddy also built her bookcases!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-19):
rHOPEb
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I LOVE those colors!  I'm so sorry you may loose the house.  :(  Maybe things will work out.  I would hever have thought to paint the edges of counters like that.  It is so neat!!!!!

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Nice bright colors! Our daughter's room is pink with white trim. She LOVES pink! We painted downstairs a neutral beige color with white trim, and part of our dining room & kitchen is a pretty green. I love the way our colors turned out. I attempted to paint one wall in our bedroom a pretty silvery blue color, but ran out of paint! So we'll have to finish that sometime...We totally re-painted & changed fixtures in the front bathroom, it had floor to ceiling wall paper, and it's a small bathroom! We painted it the same green our kitchen is. here are a few pics. We stopped painting after we finished the upstairs hallway & our daughter's room because my husband lost his job & we are behind on payments, . . .we know we're going to move, so no more upgrades. . .

this color is called Bourbon I think.

We painted the edges of the counters green because they were an awful hunter green when we bought it. The walls were too! The more i look @ before & after pics,..the more I'm going to miss this place...

rHOPEb
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thanks ladies!!!  :D  Daughter's room was a lavendar color for her nursery.  Just recently hubby painted and let her choose the color.  And it is so grown up and will grow with her.  Hubby said NO pink, and then the trim ended up being pink!  hahahahaha.  Brother's room looks so good in person.  I know not many people are too 'keen' on the orange and black, but it looks amazing!  Hubby grew up around paint and cars and such, so he's awesome with colors!!!

Oh, and our main living is a lightish yellow/cream (so it will go with changing of furniture and such), our bedroom is a greenish, our bathroom is dark tan (not brown), and the kid's bathroom is a light blue with nautical/spongebob theme.  

LittleCondon
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My house has a lot of blue and brown. The playroom is blue, the new baby's nursery is striped beige and cream, and DD's room is a beige color with light pink and chocolate brown accents. 

jazi1105
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM
My daughter's room is pink and green. Our living room, hallway and 2/3 of the kitchen is a khaki color(we wanted something neutral bc I am OCD about matching things/color schemes lol), my bedroom, my craft room/guest room and 1/3 of the kitchen is a pale olive green color, and my bathroom is a pale blue. I wanted more color, but we decided to go with some neutrals to make it easy to change things if need be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunNtheoven
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Thanks. But we really feel like we need to move where our kids can have more space outside. Here we have a steep drive way, and the back yard is either deck, cement or gravel...we have chickens and we'd like to get some land so we can put the chicken coop further away from the house. We live in a neighborhood (which we never really did before) and we really like it better out in the open country... We might qualify for the "save your home california" which will pay our mortgage for 9 months so that we don't go into foreclosure and we can end up selling it instead of losing it. :-)

Quoting rHOPEb:

I LOVE those colors!  I'm so sorry you may loose the house.  :(  Maybe things will work out.  I would hever have thought to paint the edges of counters like that.  It is so neat!!!!!

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Nice bright colors! Our daughter's room is pink with white trim. She LOVES pink! We painted downstairs a neutral beige color with white trim, and part of our dining room & kitchen is a pretty green. I love the way our colors turned out. I attempted to paint one wall in our bedroom a pretty silvery blue color, but ran out of paint! So we'll have to finish that sometime...We totally re-painted & changed fixtures in the front bathroom, it had floor to ceiling wall paper, and it's a small bathroom! We painted it the same green our kitchen is. here are a few pics. We stopped painting after we finished the upstairs hallway & our daughter's room because my husband lost his job & we are behind on payments, . . .we know we're going to move, so no more upgrades. . .

We painted the edges of the counters green because they were an awful hunter green when we bought it. The walls were too! The more i look @ before & after pics,..the more I'm going to miss this place...

rHOPEb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:07 AM

That is really neat!!!

Quoting jazi1105:

My daughter's room

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Oh no! I hope you don't have to lose your house! I will be sending super positive vibes to you

Quoting bunNtheoven:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd room was shocking lime green and her new room is black. I will post pictures in a few days, we are almost done with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)