Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Can I ask a favor? *Tweet or FB post or email or, or, or**

Posted by   + Show Post

One of my youngest daughters classmates and the son of a friend of ours has started a movement.  It is called "Don't You Know You're Beautiful".  

He has a website http://dykyb.com/ and is selling bracelets that he made, 2 for $3, you keep one and give one away.  I would like to ask you to share this on your FB page if possible!  No pressure to buy, I just want the word/movement spread!!!

Here is also just the youtube link, must be honest, brought tears to my eyes!!!!!  Thank you!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsCrosby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM

aalready all over my facebook page and have texted 20 people I love that this young man is so inspiring ;-) I wish more teens his age were this way and I'm glad he is willing to imprint his thoughts on others!!! The parents of these kids should be very very proud they raised amazing kids ;-)

Quoting billssweety:

That is how I feel!  So please, tweet, FB, email, etc.  I want this to go viral!!!!

Quoting MrsCrosby:

OMG I cant even think of the words to say this is completely awesome ;-)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM
How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billssweety
by Cyndi on May. 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

18, he is a senior and will graduate in June.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

How old is he?

RutterMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM

So very cool!

billssweety
by Cyndi on May. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank ladies!!

Wanted to give you an update, I sent emails to our local TV, radio & newspaper, to the Sacramento TV stations (we live about 1 1/2 hours north of Sac), to The Today Show & Good Morning America.  Within 2 hours I received an email from our local TV station and they are wanting to run a piece on it. 

I am SO TOTALLY JAZZED!!!!!

hjlmama
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM
That's beautiful! I pinned it and Facebook posted. As a Mom of teenagers girls and a son that was bullied........thank you for sharing this!
billssweety
by Cyndi on May. 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Thank you for sharing it!!!  I agree it is a message THIS generation needs to embrace!!!!!

Quoting hjlmama:

That's beautiful! I pinned it and Facebook posted. As a Mom of teenagers girls and a son that was bullied........thank you for sharing this!

melliburger
by Melli on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I got my bracelets today <3 Here's a pic of me wearing mine. My sis won't be here until June tho :(

anity
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Liked, shared, and tweeted.
I will hopefully buy a couple soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

shared on facebook! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN